Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some global west rear control arms. I wanted to know who has the best price.

TIA

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are they even available other than directly from Global West?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are available somewhere else(forget where) but are more expensive than direct.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Year One? sells them. I saw a lot of negative feedback for this company.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.globalwest.net/

I bought my springs direct from the manufacturer and had a great experience. However, I have heard of others having a long drawn out time trying to get their parts. YMMV

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this brings up another question. how good is hotchkis stuff? I am seeing a couple of places that carry hotchkis rear lower control arms.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're inferior to GW arms, and not superior enough to anyone elses to be worth it... IMHO

Anyone but GW is going to be using standard rubber and/or poly bushings, so as long as it's a decent arm, it'll be about the same as anyone elses for most applications.... BMR makes a nice set for about $160 if you don't need the bleeding edge performance of the GW arms.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to get a set of BMRs. But I was concerned with breaking. I have seen a couple of posts where some had cracked. I don't autocross or anything but I drive the car hard at times. Has BMR fixed the new arms so they don't crack and break anymore?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drove my old 9C1 like an animal on the harsh NYC roads. My frame broke, but the BMRs are going strong on someone elses heavily modified 9C1.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the help. I think the BMRs will suit me just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts