Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that is going to redo the front window tint on the caprice....

What is the best place to buy good quality window tint?

Any recommendations on brand?

· Registered
904 Posts
first good luck. because even if you have been tinting for awhile, caprice front windows are very difficult to do. even to this day i still have to take the door panels off to do a caprice. also is it just one window? because if you go to the store and pick up some cheap tint, it's going to turn purple and its going to be even harder to tint because store brand tint is very thin. i personaly use sungard film the only proplem is they sell there film in 50 foot and 100 foot rolls and i think you have to have a business name to order film.

· Registered
829 Posts
I agree with 305classic...

Is your friend a professional tinter? If so, he should know where to get the tint. If not, you may end up being VERY unhappy with the final product. Every one of the windows on these cars has a curve to it.

My buddy tints for a living and HATES these cars (especially the back window!). He does amazing work, but these are difficult. If your friend is not a pro, you may end up paying for this twice...

LLumar and 3M have been good products. Don't get the cheap thin crap at the auto part stores.

Tim

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the advice--

305 classic-- It's just the two front windows-- the rears are all 20% and the fronts are 35%-- the fronts are all scratched up. I'll have to stop in some of the local autoparts and walmart and see what they got--

SSuspect-- I work with him and he claims he has done over 800 windows.... He is from Arkansas and is in Houston going to school at UTI- He would be able to get the good stuff at his old job but shipping is the issue--I'll keep an eye out for the 3M and LLumar products

MEMPH1Z -- i am just doing the two front windows-- the rears are perfect-- would it show a difference from the two different tints?

· Registered
938 Posts
I had my caprice done for $180 for all 4 windows , back window, and front windshield line (all 5%) and its all perfect, no bubbles or anything and lifetime warranty... I dont know how it is where you live though but here it would be about 60-70 bucks for 2 front windows... I say maybe take risk with your friend but dont let him mess with the door panels bc it could go downhill haha... Goodluck with whatever happens though

· Registered
904 Posts
i probly wouldnt try it with lumar because they have sales people that will come to your house/ shop, but i know you can call and ask for sample peices that are usualy big enough for one side window and i dont see why you couldnt ask for 2.

· Registered
829 Posts
SSuspect-- I work with him and he claims he has done over 800 windows.... He is from Arkansas and is in Houston going to school at UTI- He would be able to get the good stuff at his old job but shipping is the issue--I'll keep an eye out for the 3M and LLumar products
Gotcha... The 2 front doors should not be too bad. In the first post, you said "front window" and i was thinking the front windshield. That one is no fun at all! If your friend has done what says, there should be no issues at all. Hope it turns out great.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.