Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOr anyone who has components in the front doors, where did you find it easiest to install the crossover? I can't remember seeing any pics of anyone's mounting locations.

Also, when putting in Brown Bread (or Dynamat if you prefer that brand), did y'all completely remove the plastic water guard sheet in the door and not put it back in? Just making sure before this weekend. Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I put them in the dash, and ran four conductor trailer wire thru to the door. The wire is available at Pep Boys and is 16 gauge.

Peter

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the crossover box in the pockets of the door panels. I took the plastic off the doors before I installed dynamat. (plastic will keep dyna from sticking on the door)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you take a look on my website listed below, look at the "Front Fill" section. It shows how I mounted them in my door.

TOM B

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks for the info, guys. I'm sure I'll see y'alls' options better when i take the door apart this weekend.

Now, instead of making another topic i have another question. Is there a real need to put the speaker grills on the speakers under the door panel's grill? Thanks again

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by X college slacker:
Now, instead of making another topic i have another question. Is there a real need to put the speaker grills on the speakers under the door panel's grill? Thanks again
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. No need for it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by catdaddy:
I took the plastic off the doors before I installed dynamat. (plastic will keep dyna from sticking on the door)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, now how did y'all keep the mechanical stuff behind it (locking mechanism, rods, etc...) from sticking to the dynamat? Man, am i a rookie at car audio, or what?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Ok, now how did y'all keep the mechanical stuff behind it (locking mechanism, rods, etc...) from sticking to the dynamat? Man, am i a rookie at car audio, or what?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you must use it behind the rods, you will need to cut it in small pieces and stick a little at a time. If I remember right the largest piece I suck might have been 8X7.

I also removed the arm rest to make it easier and reinstalled them with stainless steel bolts.

Prep: clean the metal with laquer thinner first. A heat gun will make the dynamat stick better, heat the piece and stick it on then heat again and run a roller over it.

Have and don't burn your fingers or anything behind the metal :mad:

Here are some pictures of mine to get ideas.

I'll post these but there are a few more in that link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts