Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newby to the Wagon World having just picked up my 95 Caprice Wagon (LT1, GM8, M30, Marblehead Grey Metallic). I love this forum! informative, entertaining, inspiring!

I have been reading it for months now, and have scratched around enough to pick up on what I plan to do to my car short term, and long term.

My question is which is the best service manual to look for? Haynes or Factory? or other?

Any good advice?

Thanks,

Stretch

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Factory.. No question about it. The others are just general repair stuff. I've never used one of them that I've bought.

Check out helminc.com. Got mine for Christmas, 50% off during sale. Not sure if sale is still on. The illustrations alone give you the confidence to tackle anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by WGESNERJR:
Factory.. No question about it. The others are just general repair stuff. I've never used one of them that I've bought.
Absolutely. You can sometimes find decent used ones on eBay as well. But if Helm is having their 50% off sale (they come and go) you probably can't beat that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
try and find the factory book on ebay before shelling out $100 at helm. worth every penny but i picked up my 91 book for under $10 shipped.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm looking for a service manual for my 96 Buick wagon and am wondering if the Roadmaster manual is used for both the sedan and the wagon or if there is a special one for wagons. Can't tell from the cover as it shows only the sedan.

What is the GM part number for the correct manual?

Anybody know?

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by BASSPLAYERPL:
I'm looking for a service manual for my 96 Buick wagon and am wondering if the Roadmaster manual is used for both the sedan and the wagon or if there is a special one for wagons. Can't tell from the cover as it shows only the sedan.

What is the GM part number for the correct manual?

Anybody know?

Pete
They're all the same manuals. Mine (95) show sedans and wagons, just noton the cover. AFAIK they are all considered "B-body Platform" cars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stretch...

I've got book 2 of 2 and the update for the '95 B. How about $25 shipped? You'd still need to find book 1 of 2, which is the thicker book.

Let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the offer, but I found the full 3 book set in Saskatchewan on ebay Thursday. Just waiting for the final shipping cost in order to get them sent. There were few full sets, a few update books (3rd of 3), a couple of the book 2 manuals, but only one book 1.

I am now debating where to keep these, near the "throne" (where I'll actually read it more) or in the garage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.