Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I know its been asked a million times and there is even a sticky...I know the sticky has goo info but there may be some info out there...So I have a set of eibach pro-kits I will be putting on and I need a set of good shocks to compliment the install...what you say as far as shocks go...what do u pick?:confused:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well first why do you want some of the best shocks when you have some of the worst springs? Maybe should have searched that lolz. And second, you just started another Bilstein thread. Thanks a hole! Everyone knows Jesus hand makes Bilsteins. I've heard God helps a little too but idk.. I don't believe everything I read.. :D

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Well first why do you want some of the best shocks when you have some of the worst springs? Maybe should have searched that lolz. And second, you just started another Bilstein thread. Thanks a hole! Everyone knows Jesus hand makes Bilsteins. I've heard God helps a little too but idk.. I don't believe everything I read.. :D
Well I think you officially ended this thread. Nothin more to say here folks:D:D:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Man I was just messing around. :D Seriously though, if money isn't an issue then it's Bilsteins without a doubt. You then have to figure out if you want the Sports or the HD's. Most people on the forum go with the Bilsteins ending in part #'s 0929/1104. If money is an issue then it's either Monroe Severe Service shocks, or some of us are trying out the kyb drop shocks from Warehouse 19 on ebay. He sells them for $49 a pair, but people have been offering him like $20-$25 a pair and he usually accepts. So that's a complete set front and rear shipped to your house for like $50.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hope I'm getting this right.. but from what I remember the HD's (1516 and 1517) are a little softer than the Sports (1104 and 0929). Most people go with the Sports on here, especially if you have your car lowered. But some people do prefer the HD's. I would prob just stay with the herd and go with Sports since that's what the majority runs. Especially if you lower your car more than an inch, you're going to want a stiffer shock.:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'd prob just go with the partsladi off of ebay. Very knowledgeable staff, have a good amount of products for B bodies. That's were most people on the forum it seems buys their opti's, radiators, and LT4 knock modules from along with other parts. There is also eshocks.com and shox.com. Never ordered from them but have from the partladi and will vouch for them. You'd prob be fine with ordering them from any of those though. Another thing to think about, is Bilsteins have lifetime warranties. So if you plan on having your car for a long time, might not be a bad idea to pay the mark up, even though its a big markup, and buy them from a local autozone or auto place. So if they ever go bad, say years and years down the road, you don't got to fool with mailing them off and sh*t. Just call a couple days before and make sure your local store has them in stock and hand them your broke one and they hand you a new one for free and ya just walk out.:D

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
try eshocks.com they have good deals on bilsteins, that's what i have plus, i got vogtland springs. i went with the HD ones and the ride is great even though my car is lowered 1.5'' in the front and 1'' in the back. i love it especially on the highway

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DOOOOOOOODE! eshocks.com is cheaper than anyone by atleast $30 bucks...I am calling in the order now! I know you guys are Impala lovers as am I and I had to go with the poor man SS...yes its a clone of sorts but its second in line behind mt TA...The car is almost done and I cant wait to get her back on the road...the pick of the rear was taken today...I didnt like the trunk lock or molding(caprice only) so I had him shave em off...but when its all said n done...I need tint...re-do the exhaust...lower it and then it should be close to done...minus little detail ****

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I alos got ripped off on a ****ty as fiberglass spoiler from ebay...it was horrible so I am pulling that off and putting a streettrends extended spoiler on it...by the way here is a pic of my first love :) the fiance gets jealous...but damn...I cant resist paying her some attention u kno!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice pics. The Caprice will look really good when it's lowered. Like the wheels on your T/A, too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
shocks

if Jesus made Bilstiens, God made IAS... Sorry, they are better..... I actually took a set of Bilstiens off after 1000 miles in favor of a set of IAS.. Much better ride...The Bilstiens go "bang" on a bump, and IAS..... no "bang". When i push on the rear of my SS with Bilstiens, it bounced, with IAS, it returns and stops..... Sorry guys...
So i have this set of Bilstien Sports sitting here if someone wants....

·
Registered
442 Posts
how about adjustable konis?

ive run them on other cars and have loved them, and the fact you can change the dampning rate has always been nice, set them full soft on the way to the track , and play with stiffer dampning at the track

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.