Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the better stock replacement calipers? I havent see any new ones available they all seem to be reman's. What ones are better? Any to avoid? What ones are remaned here in the US? What ones come with a finish?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
I have standard autozone calipers LLT warranty I bought from punissher years ago.. They are stock GM caliper bodies, Just have new insides. He painted them with some caliper paint (All remans are usally sandblasted clean) and they work and look mint. Usually everything is remanufactured in Mexico these days (If you are lucky and its not remanufactured in CHINA!:() I would just get a basic reman caliper from the parts store but make sure it has a LLT warranty so you can get another set for free if their is ever a problem. Also, paint them up with a good high temp paint so they wont look horrible in a few months.

GM may still sell you new calipers for a price. I bought some for my truck years ago.. and the box was OLD, so that tells you they just kick around for years in a warehouse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.