Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have given myself a brief education on sway bars and I believe that the best set ups are: F-Body(2nd Gen) FRONT and HA Sway Bar in the rear; OR HO Front Sway Bar and HA Rear... AM I RIGHT?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yup... (note that the HA rear bar and the HO rear bar are basically identical).

The Setup with the HO front will tend slightly toward understeer while the F-body front setup will be dead neutral.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can you get an F-body bar? and what is the going price?

Thanks

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2nd generation F-body front 1.25" bar, National Parts Depot... I think it's $119 now.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know the price of the HO Front Bar? Can you get it from Malibu as well?

ThankSS

Eric Moore

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorta, and yes, respectively...

I think it's $179 and they do sell it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Knightshade, you happen to know if it comes with mounting hardware, or is it best to follow Scott M's article for install part numbers.

ThankSS

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the F-bar myself from NPD so I don't know for sure... I know the rear HA/HO bar from Malibu did not come with any hardware though.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the HO specialties front bar last year and it came with bushings,new end links
an everything to install except the bolts for
the bushing brackets. Got them from totally
stainless. Installed with blue locktite, no
problems since 20K miles. except for some
occasional popping noises at full lock when
parking or turning in to a drive way.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's the handling on a f-body front and stock Impala rear bar?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heavyevy, I had the f-body front bar on for several months waiting on the HA rear bar. When I add the f-body bar there was a very noticeable difference for the good. When I added the rear HA bar there was a difference for the good but not a much as the front. I had no problems with the f-body front and stock rear.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allen:
except for some
occasional popping noises at full lock when
parking or turning in to a drive way.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try greasing your steering stops! Put grease on the knuckle, where it meets the frame, and on the frame tab. It might just fix the noise

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If going one bar at a time, I'd make sure to do the F-body bar first. I would guess it would make for flatter cornering, with terminal understeer even more than stock. After that, the rear bar change would probably be most noticable when really cooking it into a corner. The back end would drift without having to pour the power on. Doing the rear bar first would result in oversteer at the limit, which could be pretty hairy in a collision avoidance manuever, to say the least.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts