Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 Impala SS which , except for a few mod's, is stock. It is getting close to needing a trans rebuild. I am getting a local trans guy to rebuild it with a few items from the Transgo shift kit to make the shifts a little firmer. My Q? is what is the best torque conv erter for this stock LT1? In the past, I have read on the forum that the S10 1995+ with the 4.3L V6 converter was the ideal This was p.n 24202310-DBLF which then sold for $157.00. My GM parts man says that TC is now $301.30. Almost double! My Q? is _ is that the TCC that the trans experts are recommending for a stock LT1? If not, what is the best one and the best value? Also what are the best trans rebuild kits to get all the upgraded HD parts for the rebuild?

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
We offer a torque converter that stalls right around where the S-10 converter does, and it is much more durable. You can purchase it via our website. It runs 245 shipped , so you can save a few dollars and have a nice upgrade over the Gm converter.

LMK if you have any questions.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Sherlock9c1, I did search and that's where I found the info I listed in my OP. That was the same info I remember from the forum two years ago. I am asking if anything has changed in the last two years. Are there other options -GM or aftermarket- that have proved to be a better value or performance or both .

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Your best option is listen to Dustman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts