Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 300W Visonik sub and box for 10 minutes before it died, maybe it had to much power. So I spring by Wal-Mart and pick up a Pioneer 10" sub for 50 bucks and drop it in the box. It sounds good inside the car, but outside you cant hear much response from it. What should I get to hear it better outside? 2 10's, a 12? I listen 90 percent rock, 10 percent pop.

I have a 425 Jenson amp, yeh its a Jenson but works great.

[ 11-26-2006, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: 2-B1G-w00ds ]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought it sounding good in the car was all that really mattered.I had a 91 reg cab with 8 orion 12's and 4 US amps.You could hear that outside really good.That maybe why my truck and audio equip disappeard a few years back and still not found to this day

What kind of box is the sub in?It may be just a matter of putting it in a correct sized box

[ 11-26-2006, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: spacemonkey ]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The box is very small, I say no longer then 15" inches LXWH, I know its about 12 inches wide, 12 inches tall, maybe 15 inches deep.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going with the 12x12x15 if the wood is 5/8 box volume would be .91cf if it is 3/4 .86cf. Not sure what kind of air space the pioneer needs.Don't forget the volum of the sub also takes away from the box volume.

Here are some helpful calculators
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts