Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had "dibbs" on an alternator and he decided to sell it to another member who didn't care if he posted pictures of the alternator. He did not give me a chance to say weather or not I still wanted it. If you reply to a post of his in the future, keep in mind it MIGHT not be there the next day no matter what order he got your responce on the item...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
since when did cash in hand not have priority over another potential buyer?

And dont even tell me you've never sold anything before

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the $ but was never given the opprotunity to buy. They said they were going to provide pics then I was told it was sold to someone else who didn't require pics. Yes, I have sold items on the forum. Some of my own and some for other people. I have fallowed through with each one and went in ORDER of which I received the replies, no matter HOW hard it was to satisfy the member.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In Novices defense, He did go thru this process with me on some previous parts he was selling and even waited for an "Idiot" friend of mine to decide he didn't want the parts before proceeding to the next buyer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they don't come any better than '94 9C1 Novice and B Boby. they are 2 of the reasons this forum still exist. straight forward help and knowledge.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by ssinisterss:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by '94 9C1 Novice:
...satisfy the member.
:eek: </font>[/QUOTE]

ok adding fuel to the fire ...

I got dibs on alt #2 after Sam posted that alt #1 had already been taken by the unknown buyer. After overnighting my money order to him he wrote me back to let me know that he just realized alt #2 was an F-Body alt and not a B-Body alt. He offered me alt #1 in its place but I'd have to find my own fan. So he is sending me my $ back, now I get to try to cash my money order made out in his name ... no telling how long that will take.

In Sam's defense, he did communicate with me very well. He was polite, kind and up-front about every question I asked him. He kept me informed and I believe he was honest about the condition of the alt, he just was not clear on the application.

BTW I noticed he made a new F/S post and the F-body alt was the 1st to go. The buyer never identified himself or called "dibs" on the item.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's the problem? You were first in line, but DECIDED you wanted pictures before you would buy it.

Guess what? That means you did not want it as the offer to sell was made without pictures. You wanted more info, fine, but asking for more info does not mean that you have some claim on the item. If someone wanted it without additional info (picture) then I see no problem selling it to them.

To have a contract (sale) you need an offer and an acceptance. You had neither.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Stealth9c1:
What's the problem? You were first in line, but DECIDED you wanted pictures before you would buy it.

Guess what? That means you did not want it as the offer to sell was made without pictures. You wanted more info, fine, but asking for more info does not mean that you have some claim on the item. If someone wanted it without additional info (picture) then I see no problem selling it to them.

Agreed on all points
!

I gotta figure that if you need pictures before making a final choice but I'm willin' to buy NOW without pictures.....then I got dibs over you.

SSam must've figured the same thing when a subsequent customer was ready to buy without pictures.

You snooze
you loose :(
!

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by KW Baraka:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stealth9c1:

Agreed on all points
!

I gotta figure that if you need pictures before making a final choice but I'm willin' to buy NOW without pictures.....then I got dibs over you.

SSam must've figured the same thing when a subsequent customer was ready to buy without pictures.

You snooze
you loose :(
!

KW

KW
</font>[/QUOTE]I get tired of repeating myself. HE OFFERED TO POST PICTURES. Therefore he didn't come through. Not me. I was going to by the thing but apparently it wasn't what he said it was and I'm glad I didn't get it. He miscommunicated. NOT me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by '94 9C1 Novice:
....I was going to by the thing but apparently it wasn't what he said it was....
And you knew they weren't as advertised when?....since he never posted pics

And if you were going to buy (that's b-u-y) the item, why were you waiting for him to post pics :rolleyes: ?

Seems he found a more motivated buyer and decided not to dicker around with you....and now you're mad he wouldn't dance wit' ya :(

Oh well.

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by KW Baraka:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by '94 9C1 Novice:
....I was going to by the thing but apparently it wasn't what he said it was....
And you knew they weren't as advertised when?....since he never posted pics

And if you were going to buy (that's b-u-y) the item, why were you waiting for him to post pics :rolleyes: ?

Seems he found a more motivated buyer and decided not to dicker around with you....and now you're mad he wouldn't dance wit' ya :(

Oh well.

KW
</font>[/QUOTE]I'll speak ssslllooowwww ffffffoooorrrr yyyyooouuuu.

HE SAID HE WOULD POST PICS...

You can buy anything you want from the guy. It might not be exactly what he said it was but you will get a part that might be close to it like what happened in Wils99 situation.

Oh, and you are an a$$ for even bringing up this, "And if you were going to buy (that's b-u-y) the item..." I miss one key out of thousands and you point it out. Gee, thanks, english police. :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by '94 9C1 Novice:
....Oh, and you are an a$$ for even bringing up this, "And if you were going to buy (that's b-u-y) the item..."
Oh, so now we're into name calling
. Well, that speaks volumes for your level of maturity

KW

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.