Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lately i have had no time to do anything with my car, so i go into a tweeter by me and ask if they could do the big 3 upgrade. the guy tells me he will call me back later on in the day. when i talk to him he says the installer knows what i am talking about and that he can do it, but he tells me its gunna be $300 and i have to supply the 0 gauge wire, i was like you have to be nuts it will take like an hour at the most and your dealing with maybe $50 worth of parts. i cant believe how much these places rip off people, i could never see myself paying someone to work on my car stereo.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that kit is definatly nice but im still not gunna pay that when i could do it for half that price. im sure his will work better, install faster, etc.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You WILL NOT make a set a cables for lower than Gary's kit to make it worth your while. Price it out and you will see what I mean. Unless you have access to free cable, terminals, heat shrink tubing of that size, and all the other things Gary's kit has. Plus it will save the trouble of measuring cable and welding (literally ask gary) the terminals to the wire.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i built my own and i am very impressed. i have only installed the battery neg to chassis and the block to chassis so far and i have no more dimming or power drop on huge bass hits. i plan on doing the last one but im trying to find one more 0 gauge ring terminal instead of buying a whole pack. the stereo sounds so much better. i would recommend everyone to do the big 3 and get away from using capacitors

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd like to see how your cables came out too. Hats off to you for going against the grain and creating your own solution. I'll be doing the same exact thing.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do all of my wiring, nothing against gary, and yes I get free 1/0 every once in a while.

...in a perfectly legal manner... incase someone was gonna get wise.

I'm sure Gary's wires are great, just not the route for everyone.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The biggest advantage I see to Garys kit is the welded joints between wire and terminal... I dont have a welder, and Id prefer a connection that solid over my usual beat-the-hell-out-of-the-terminal-with-a-hammer... and for $70, its not too much more than doing it yourself

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
his wires are very nice, i just did it myself to to save money, which $70 isnt all that much, but i got all the stuff i needed for free so i decided to just go for it ill try and post pics as soon as i get the the last of the big 3 done

1 - 13 of 13 Posts