Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to again say thanks for the help and support you guys gave. It motivated me to get my car back to life and I was able to get to the Canadian Street Car Nationals this weekend. There was over 550 cars and $80 000 dollars worth of prizes.
It paid off. I became the runner up in King of the Street class. I fell to a 69 Nova, with a 540 big block. He beat me in a heads up race in the final with a 9.30 in the 1/4. I was way out gunned, but the crowd love the small block under dog who came up from behind in a class of 46 car, which 80% were big blocks, to face off for the final.
It was a complete blast!
Thanks again to everyone. You can click on the thumbnails to see one of the shots my wife took.
Regards,
Matt Botbyl.

Attachments

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,206 Posts
Matt, looking good!

Do I see some daylight under that tire?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a shot on the CSCN page of my car. The timing on there shot when I launched, you can see about a 3" gap of air under my tire. It is always the driver side that likes to pop a mini wheelie.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Very cool! :):Dcwm7

·
Premium Member
8,532 Posts
Awesome!!!

Well done!!!

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Way to represent us up there, Matt! Congrats!

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,206 Posts
Matt what kind of ET's (and 60ft times) were you getting?

Glad I could help with the slicks questions, I owe a lot of what I learned to Mr. Gish on my theories

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Very cool pic!!
does the colder air up there play a major part in getting good runs in ?

-ALF out....

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the compliments!
As far as times go, I ran the car motor only due to the fact my Mallory 685 box crapped out and I didn't want to chance anything else to go wrong using the N2O.
My best 60' time was a 1.69 and 1/4 was 12.58 @ 106mph.
The weekend was very humid and sticky. My face is burnt from the sun, it was pretty warm.
Another week or 2 and some cooler air should come through, or at least not as humid. I will be heading back for another event on the 28th and 29th. I might put a small hit on the motor just to go back down into the 11's. I never did finish tweeking it all the way with a 100hp shot. I had a best of 11.76 with the N2O not coming on until 3700 rpms, and my 60' then, was still just 1.68. Last year when the N2O came on at 3300 rpm, my best 60' was a 1.60. I would like to see my time with a 1.60 60'.
Regards,
Matt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts