Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 350 LT1 was used in 94 - 96 Impala SS's, police cars, some wagons, Roadmasters, and certain Cadillacs.
If I was to shop for a Caprice built in the 90's, what can I hope to find for 350 engines?
What large motor was used before 94?
Were many 94-96 Caprices, other than wagons, ordered with the 350?
How can I tell a 350 LT1 from the baby (4.3?) LT1?
I'd love to find the right GM car for daily driving.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The civilian Caprice was also available with the LT1 engine. Check for the 8th digit in the VIN to be a P for LT1. You can't tell by looking at the engine.

My '93 9C1 has the 350" L05 engine. It has 205hp and 300ft-lbs.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From 1994-1996, some civilian Caprices, some 9C1 police cars, and all Impala SS have the LT1. All Caprice wagons from those years have the LT1, as do all Roadmasters, both wagons and sedans. All Cadillac Fleetwoods in those years also have the LT1. If the engine is still in the car, look for factory dual exhausts. That will be an LT1.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
94-96 Civilian Caprices with the 4.3 will have an L99 on the SPID label on the trunk lid.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the info. When I brought up this website, I was hoping to find some sort of statistics/identification page to help me get familiar with these cars.
It would be fun to own a practical car with a large engine.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
check out 9C1.com they have a break down of the vin #'s and spid lable in the tech info part

T

·
0 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts