Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is the second time im writing this cause firefox crashed when i was about to post it :mad: but here it goes.
i put my wagon away a couple days ago, and im happy to announce it will be garage stored with the dcm impala during the winter (man its a tight fit! the front bumper is touching the wall!)
it has also hit 200,000 miles! when i put it away the odometer read 200,030 ;).

new mods/plans:
well i got some new tires, some $70 each primewells during a tire sale. thew got a nice tread pattern as well.
i also chopped the bench seat to make a bucket seat in preparation for a center console. that was delayed because of $$ issues (im sorry! ill get back to you kevin!). hopefully i can make it happen.
i also got an impala ss grill that awaits installation. i may get the car touched up, with new hood paint and some dent removal.
with that i think the car will look pretty sharp this spring when i get it out. look at some pics:

new beater:
well, it aint quite a beater. its a decent car, its no POS so ill call it a winter car, not beater ;).
i sold the 98' cavalier for $1,000 and actually made some money, and got a 1998 saturn SL2 for $900. its a sharp looking forrest green (opposed to the nasty blue/green/turquise), has 120,000 miles (opposed to 150,000), and has a new tranny less than 10,000 miles old. ill post pics tomorrow when its light out.

other than the wagon...
whats been taking up most of my time is my artwork. im looking to go to art school next year when i head off to college, and would love to show everyone my work. today i got a very good review from a representative of MICA (one of the top 4 art schools of the country!) and im very excited to see what will happen :D. maybe ill post some pics on the forum, but heres my website:
http://mattdesanctisart.wordpress.com
its a work in progress, the site is nowhere near complete, but i have some work up.

so thanks for looking, thanks for reading, and happy posting!
-matt

· Registered
1,316 Posts
(man its a tight fit! the front bumper is touching the wall!)
-matt
Thats what she said! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

I would love to garage my wagons for the winter, but as I found when replacing the trans in the garage, its tight. I had to take a shelf apart behind the car after it was lifted because it was rubbing against it when I did get the car on stands!

My "winter beater" was suppose to by a 97 riviera, but that car never materialized (friend who loves to procrastinate owns it). So my old 87 lesabre will have to do.

Nice looking bunch of B-bods you got there!

· Registered
81 Posts
Looks good Matt, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, put those directional tires on right. They are directional for a reason. Your artwork is phenomenal! I can't draw a straight line without help.

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh there on right, ive checked multiple times. and i also had to take them back so they could re-balance the wheels and take off the clip on weights. the wheels look a lot better with the weights on the outside. and thank you very much, A LOT of work has been put into those drawings and paintings.
and the impala is my dads. im amazed they both fit in his garage.. he owns a double out in the city and it has a carriage house, he just refinished that half, theres still another 2 car garage in addition to the one we keep our cars in

· Registered
81 Posts

· Premium Member
139 Posts
Good job Matt. It's a good feeling knowing your ride won't have to be out in the salt and muck this winter.

My 94 WX3 has never seen salt and never will. The wagon won't go out in it either.

Old garage-

New place-

I'm gonna have to get a good quality cover for the wagon...

· Registered
210 Posts
Glad to hear you haven't fallen off the face of the earth!

I have the white RMW off the road and covered for the winter.

Already wanting spring!

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to hear you haven't fallen off the face of the earth!

I have the white RMW off the road and covered for the winter.

Already wanting spring!
yea im just very busy right now haha.
im gonna enjoy the winter for a bit. snowboard and such.
but im excited for spring to roll around again. :D
just tried to take pics of the saturn but i need to go get some batteries.
i cleaned out the throttle body (probably never cleaned before, it was a DISASTER!) and changed the oil. it runs AWESOME. and the twin cam motor suprisingly has a little pickup, especially after i cleaned the throttle body.

· Registered
210 Posts
yea im just very busy right now haha.
im gonna enjoy the winter for a bit. snowboard and such.
but im excited for spring to roll around again. :D
just tried to take pics of the saturn but i need to go get some batteries.
i cleaned out the throttle body (probably never cleaned before, it was a DISASTER!) and changed the oil. it runs AWESOME. and the twin cam motor suprisingly has a little pickup, especially after i cleaned the throttle body.
Couldn't see the pictures while I was at work. Those tires and rims look awesome! Just needs a small drop and some tint :)

Didn't know you snowboard. My girlfriend and I do too. Hopefully we can make it to Bristol this year!

· Registered
364 Posts
Shammoo is likely to begin hibernating for winter as of tomorrow,11/08. I want to look into a few things mechanically in the morning, and have the beast tucked away by nightfall.

Don't forget the fuel stabilizer guys!

· Registered
319 Posts

Don't forget the fuel stabilizer guys!
does this stuff work? i resurrected the blue car after 3yrs,. the black car after 2 yrs,. both seemed to run ok after sitting,. so what does this stuff do ??
Does it stop the car from blowing up due to UNstable fuel??
Inquiring mind wants to know,.

Nick

· Registered
364 Posts

· Registered
581 Posts
Yeah Ive used and not used it too. Never really noticed a difference. The mower starts every year after sitting for 7 months without it. What does it do? Im not saying dont use it but Im curious too.

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Couldn't see the pictures while I was at work. Those tires and rims look awesome! Just needs a small drop and some tint :)

Didn't know you snowboard. My girlfriend and I do too. Hopefully we can make it to Bristol this year!
oh totally ive got a season pass so im gonna be going a lot

· Registered
4 Posts
New Matt Mobile

Greetings Wagon Fans - Matt's dad here. Matt is busy this semester going to school in Amsterdam School of the Arts in the Netherlands. He is living the dream (doesnt every 21 year old kid want to go to school in Amsterdam?). Well, his 1994 LDM Caprice Woody Wagon that he originallygot from grandpa had floor issues. We can fix just about everything on a B body but Fred Flinstone floors are hard to remedy. The new Matt Mobile is a 1995 White/Grey Caprice Wagon from Virginia w 117K miles. Car was purchased from family of original owner and came with very detailed service history. Will post pictures of his new ride as soon as I can figure out how to post pics.

· Registered
583 Posts
Hi Tony

Glad to hear about you and Matt. I wish I were 21 and in Amsterdam, not bad. I remember that Matt is very talented. Hope to see you guys in Waterloo this year.

Tom C.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.