Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Billet Defroster Vents

731 views 36 replies 0 participants last post by  domlix 
G
#1 ·
Okay guys, due to a renewed interest I am going to do a Group Purchase on the Billet Defroster Vents. This GP is for Matte and Brushed finishes only.

If you would like to purchase a polished vent, you can buy it from Street Trends here. Street Trends Polished Defroster Vents

We need at least 10 people for this GP.

Prices are $60.00 for the Plain Vent, and $65.00 for the SS Vent. Shipping is UPS Ground and is included in the price. Sign in here to get on the list, and include which vent you want. By adding your name to the list you are making a commitment to participate in this GP.

Pics will be up next week, I am going out of town today until Sunday. For now you can see the different styles by clicking on the Street Trends link.

Thanks,

Keith

G
#6 ·
I will take one with the SS logo. Matte finish pls (does the brushed finish relflect off the window in high sunlight?)...

- Mike

[ 08-17-2006, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Midnight Cruise ]

G
#8 ·
I'm in for a polished SS logo vent. How bad is the glare off the vent from the sunlight??? Everything else I have in my interior is polished so I want this to match but I would also like to keep my retinas intact :D

G
#12 ·
Originally posted by Midnight Cruise:
I will take one with the SS logo. Matte finish pls (does the brushed finish relflect off the window in high sunlight?)...

- Mike
The brushed does reflect more than the matte, but it's nowhere near as bad as the polished. I recommend polarized sunglasses if you have the polished one.
But seriously, its not that bad. I had a polished vent in my car for months and it rarely bothered me.

G
#13 ·
Originally posted by ChevyPusha:
I'm in for a polished SS logo vent. How bad is the glare off the vent from the sunlight??? Everything else I have in my interior is polished so I want this to match but I would also like to keep my retinas intact :D
Sorry, I am only offering Brushed and Matte finishes on this GP. Polished vents can be purchased from Street Trends. The Polished vent definitely has more glare than the Brushed or Matte. If you are concerned I would go with the Matte finish, as it has the least glare.

G
#14 ·
Originally posted by Area51Perf:
FWIW- Those aren't "billet"
:rolleyes: I am calling them 'billet' because that's the term that people have decided describes any aluminum part on a car. I'm pretty sure that no 'billet' car part (grilles and interior trim) is really billet. If anyone is offended, I will change the name to "5051 Aluminum Defroster Vents" ;)

G
#15 ·
Originally posted by NTAPHSE:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ChevyPusha:
Sorry, I am only offering Brushed and Matte finishes on this GP. Polished vents can be purchased from Street Trends. The Polished vent definitely has more glare than the Brushed or Matte. If you are concerned I would go with the Matte finish, as it has the least glare. </font>[/QUOTE]NM im out then, screw paying street trends $80 :mad: I want polished; matte or brushed doesnt fit my interior theme.

G
#18 ·
Here's the list:

1. Cressida1992: SS brushed
2. IraqWarTrophy: SS brushed
3. Midnight Cruise: SS matte
4. 96SSbbb: SS matte
5. 96blss: SS brushed
6. 2Qwik: Plain brushed
7. Bloops: SS brushed
8. Impholla: SS brushed
9. CHRYLT1: SS brushed

If you did not give me complete details here, make sure you do it when you send Paypal. Choices are SS or Plain, and Brushed or Matte finishes. Please hold off on sending payment until we have 10 people.

Thanks!

[ 08-26-2006, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: NTAPHSE ]

G
#23 ·
I'm extending the GP by another week for two reasons: 1. It's not full and I know these guys want their vents, and 2. I just found out I have to travel for work, so I'll be out of the country until after Friday Sept 1. So the new deadline will be Sept. 1, if it goes over 10 people that's fine. Sorry about the delay guys.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.