Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone said that they coiuld go to autozone and get Bilstein Shocks for 55$ a piece... Is this real, do i have to have a coupon, or whats the deal with this... I looked and they were 89 a peice.. any truth to this?? oh please please

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had the exact same finding. Screw AZ. Use shox.com, old faithful.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its the rears for $55 or so. The fronts are more expensive. I had them in 2 days from Shox.com . Great place from my experience.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u can get all 4 for $254 shipped (cheaper than shox.com) do a search for Bilstein there was a recent post about it

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Thump:
I think its the rears for $55 or so.
Nope - I stripped my rear lower mounting nut/stud and went into AZ to see if I could get new ones. That was when I found out about $89. I really don't understand how some find them for $55 at the same damn parts chain.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rears are 54.95 apiece. They must have been referring to the fronts for around 90 dollars. I have a reciept for the rears so I am 100 percent positive. You must have talked to idiots if they told you 89 for the rears.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, make sure you're pricing the right ones. The softer ones (sorry, can't remember the numbers. 91-96) are $85 front AND rear. The boxy's are $85 fronts and $55 rears. HTH

Sean

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by MightyCaprice:
Also, make sure you're pricing the right ones. The softer ones (sorry, can't remember the numbers. 91-96) are $85 front AND rear. The boxy's are $85 fronts and $55 rears. HTH

Sean
good point...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The softer Bilsteins are #1516 +1517 Progressive travel ; The stiffer Bilsteins are # 1104 +0929 Linear travel.Somewhar more accurate to say Bilsteins can be either linear valving or degressive valving. Custom revalves are also available, but tricky.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cost wasnt a real issue, just wanted the best for the cheapest...

you know how it is.
I ended up ordering from the 259 guy on the forum.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just bought some 0929's yesterday there now 59.99 at the big A-Z...THE BASTARDS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts