Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it back from 500 dollar tune up minus. Cap an rotor...changes the tension belt pulley....a.c. Removed with new pulley...chirping got worse since I got it back from plugs and wire tune...what is this inoying chirping noise

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
Just got it back from 500 dollar tune up minus. Cap an rotor...changes the tension belt pulley....a.c. Removed with new pulley...chirping got worse since I got it back from plugs and wire tune...what is this inoying chirping noise
yes these vehicles do have bird chirping ... reason is the belts made today wear out so remove belt .. look at the belt grooves .. if there is a space then that is why it is slipping and making the chirp..

to do the belt test with belt removed wash down the belt with dish soap and water in a spray bottle .. rinse it off ..then when dry put it on and if it runs good for a few days then it was contamination .. oils etc. if it returns chirping then buy an ac delco belt,, not gates or duralast and other belts as these are made of soft wearing materials.
6K642.. also clean up the pulley's...

·
Registered
976 Posts
The brand new Gates belt tensioner I bought was a total POS and "chirped" badly @ idle after only a few thousand miles.
Put a used 126k one on there and zero noise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh God...

Seen smoke from radiator just replaced last year with fabricated l lines cause trans line rusted an broke ..Damn just spent 500 on new wires an d I pray just something leaked on a hot pipe or something....it did stop smoking...never overheated....hope I don't see it again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts