Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEW PRICE $9500. The motor alone will cost you close to $10k. I've created hyperlinks to show you the parts that I have on the car but the biggest one is the engine build from Karl's webpage. Sorry the pictures aren't really in any sort of order.

Black 1996 Impala SS with 115,537 miles. I've owned this car for almost 14 years as I bought it when I lived in Missouri and then moved to Illinois where the title shows when I registered it. The car is garage kept and wasn't driven in the snow while I owned it. It's originally from Morton, IL where I purchased it from the original owner.

The car has a Karl Ellwein 396cu.in. motor BUILD PAGE, Advanced Induction 200cc GM heads w/ 1.6 Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnum rockers and dual valve springs. Advanced Induction custom ground cam based on Yank 3600 stall & 4.10 gears. Email me for specific specs and I can provide the cam card to the new owner.
Also has Advanced Induction ported intake manifold and accommodates my twin 58mm TPIS throttle body.
I'm running Trick Flow 36# injectors, Clear Image Automotive Gen II Tri-y's into Dan's catalytic converters that mates to a 2.5" Spintech X-pipe with 2.5" inlet/3" outlet Pro Shootout mufflers into 3" stainless steel Clear Image over the axle pipes and Magnaflow resonators.

The transmission was built by Chuck at Finish Line Transmission and is a level 4.I'm running an aftermarket trans cooler that you can find HERE. It's supported by a Mike Harris transmission cross member. Trans is mated to a Denny's aluminum driveshaft. I just had the rear end gears replaced after 7 years of service so the ring and pinion are brand new while the Eaton Posi has maybe 5000 miles on it. I was starting to get a howling sound from the gears meshing towards the outer part of the ring and not in the center.

The car is lowered on Hotchkis springs with supporting Bilstein 1104/0929 shocks. Rear upper and lower control arms are BMR but don't remember who made the sway bars. I think the rear is the HO sway bar from back in the day that is 1.5" solid bar that is straight across.
The front end steering components are from PPM and the only updated front a-arm is the upper which is from Speedtech....never got around to buying the lowers.

The body and paint are about a 6 out of 10. I've had the front bumper, rear bumper, and spoiler all painted about 10 years ago because of the peeling clear coat most of us have dealt with. The car was driven so it has some rock chips on the front and I dropped a can of something onto the hood a while back that made a dent.....you can see it in the pictures I took.
The first year I owned the car it was broken into in St. Louis and had a quarter sized hole punched just below the driver side door lock. This was patched at the body shop and you can see a paint drip on the front spear where they did a crap tape job. Other than that, it's the only time it's been to a body shop because I haven't wrecked it.

Tires are newer with about 1000 miles or less on them. They are Nitto NT555 275/40/17 and sit on factory powder coated satin black rims. The powder coating is less than two years old and there isn't any curb rash on them.

I kept the interior stock except for installing black carpet, an aftermarket pioneer cd player, and a billet shift know that you push down in order to get it in gear.

Here goes a list of the bad stuff, just being honest about what you're getting. One of the pictures below shows a rip in the backseat. I don't remember how long ago it happened but it's there.
Also, the computer keeps throwing a cylinder 3 misfire. I had this car road tuned by Bryan Vorphal who was/is a member of the Chicago based club The HERD. Real time laptop tuning shows that #3 isn't misfiring but #1 and #2 were logging misfires. Maybe this is an opti related issue but when you hit the go pedal there isn't any hesitation all the way up to the 6200 rpm shift point.

The trunk light doesn't work and the passenger side panel under the dash sags a little.

I can be reached by PM, e-mail, or cell phone. [email protected] or 815-260-6756. I don't always carry my phone so leave a message and I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more info with carfax report

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more pictures
Don't beat me up too bad about the photos. I'm just trying to show the major scratches, chips, and dings so I can be as up front about how the car looks.
If anyone wants me to take any other pictures just let me know.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll entertain all reasonable offers, I need this car out of my garage before winter time.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
new price change

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's crazy to see the big boys like Mike Harris and others like the infamous 8sec impala being up for sale. I'm just over it and ready for another adventure.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's bring it back again....
Maybe someone on Sunday at the Chi INC bbq will want another horse in their stable. I'll take a cab home from addison if I can sell it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
whats the static compression on the engine ?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I was talking with Phil at Advanced Induction I believe he was saying 11.2

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice !!! I bet that would respond to nitrous great

·
Registered
88 Posts
Your car looks similar to one I've seen a couple years ago in Mt Pleasant, Wi at the gathering

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you talking about the gathering at Lloyd's house? I was there last year and then two year prior.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yup, I sure am ! I have your burnout on my phone

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
It's crazy to see the big boys like Mike Harris and others like the infamous 8sec impala being up for sale. I'm just over it and ready for another adventure.
Mine is more of an offer to own then plea to sell. I really, really like my car myself and it doesn't need or eat anything:) By the way, yours is a nice car, but I hate the wheels. I hope somebody comes to their senses and buys it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
had the car out last weekend since it was nice and took our former Chicago INC president for a ride. He has a 383 96 Impala but still gets a smile when he rides in this one.

Maybe you guys have some tax money to spend this year:)

There is a V-coupe at a chevy dealer but the thought of hearing their trade-in offer makes me sick.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine is more of an offer to own then plea to sell. I really, really like my car myself and it doesn't need or eat anything:) By the way, yours is a nice car, but I hate the wheels. I hope somebody comes to their senses and buys it.

Thanks Mike. I've never been able to meet you in person but have always wanted to see your car run down the track in person. Maybe if you were closer you could smack me around a bit and convince me to keep it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Car is SOLD!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Man just saw this. Someone got a hell of a deal :) Hope it stayed in the forum family

1 - 19 of 19 Posts