Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have my 95 DGGM SS. I would like to change the color of the carpet from gray to black with black floormats. I just want to get opinions from you guys on how this would look. Or should I go with stock gray carpet with black floormats? The car is DGGM and didn't want the carpet to look crazy and out of place.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just did the Carmotorsports carpet kit(w/ Rubber backing) and I had some black Embroidered mats and it looks great! I am also buying the accessory carpet kit that does the doors, kickpanels, console, and the rear tray the speakers are inside.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your carpet and/or mats are black then you'll have to deal with lint all the time. OEM gray shows dirt and oil very easy, so it's a trade-off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My preference is for the carpets to match the floormats...

OK back on topic. Black mats on black carpets and gray mats on gray carpets. I think two tone on the floor draws too much attention to the floor.

But then this is coming from a person who is starting to think that predominantly black seats will look good in the otherwise stock light gray interior (carpets and all). Maybe it's just a phase.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by DARKWAV:
But then this is coming from a person who is starting to think that predominantly black seats will look good in the otherwise stock light gray interior (carpets and all). Maybe it's just a phase.
Sounds good to me, but I'd at least change the carpet too. Anybody have pics of all black SS seats?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also have 95 DGGM SS. I did the carpet change from gray to black with SEM. I have added black floor mats also.

But I went a step farther ---i also did the headliner----back window carpet-----and the bottom half of the doors. All with SEM.

Yes it shows every speck of lint---but I think it looks great.

and last but not least--my dash is SEM gloss black

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It beats having all the stains my gray does

I spilled a Route 44 Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper in the car.... I thought I got it all but it all went to the back seat where it sat for 2 days. now I have a nice DCM carpet in the back....lol

And of course, the coolant stain from the leakage of the heater core.... yea, I'm getting black carpet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why don't you go for charcoal grey? It's a great in-between color that goes great with both the light stock grey and black components. It hides dirt better than black and the stock grey.

I have the charcoal grey installed and couldn't be happier. Same color mats are the way to go as well. On my cardomain page (link below, very bottom of page 3) I have a picture of my black door panel with a charcoal grey carpet insert. It works well.

[ 10-13-2006, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Vlad the Impala ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.