Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any ideas for a nice shimmering black paint color from some of the newer cars today . Car will be getting painted soon. Something with good flakes when the sun hits it . Thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
ford has one

called tuxedo black , ill post the code soon as i can remeber it

·
Premium Member
280 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
He's right that you'll get a cooler better looking color, and have more control of what you want. Problem with this is that you'll have created a tri-coat color that will be difficult to match. You see, if you need to a repair later down the road you'll have to get the exact same amount of pearl,flake,etc on the area to be repaired in order for the color to look right. You just need to decide is it worth it. I say YEA, putting flake/pearl over black looks killer if done right.

After thought, if you decide to do a flake, make sure its a shifty/ghost flake. Which means you only see the flake when the sun hits it. So you avoid a Black car with a bucha colored speckles all over it.

OR

GM has a color called " Phantom Black " looks nice.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Chrysler is a nice metallic black
Toyota has a couple nice metallic black - one on the Tundras
Hyundai has a nice one too....
Go walk some dealers lots or hit a body shop and take a look at their color chips.
There are some really nice metallic blacks

·
Registered
885 Posts
I would go with chrysler px8 metallic version, with a final coat of clear tinted black with no flake in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts