Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3rd brake light works but the other brake lights do not. I have no power from the white wire from the connector on the steering column. I did the search and found out it may be the turn signal. I want to cover all my bases so I changed the brake switch, bought the turn signal and I have a steering column on the way. My question is do I need to change that lil box out too and if so what is it actually called? What does it do? Thanks in advance.
LS

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
3rd brake light works but the other brake lights do not. I have no power from the white wire from the connector on the steering column. I did the search and found out it may be the turn signal. I want to cover all my bases so I changed the brake switch, bought the turn signal and I have a steering column on the way. My question is do I need to change that lil box out too and if so what is it actually called? What does it do? Thanks in advance.
LS
the box is for the keyfab/lock unlock doors ...nothing to do with the lights.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Sounds like your turn signal switch is bad.

The 3rd brake light does not run through the switch.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not on mine

Mine is a 9c1. I should have said that. My box that I'm speaking of has a relay molded into it and wires sticking out of it. When I first bought the car I figured it was something not needed anymore so I cut the wires... Wrong move. No tails/brake or any lights it the rear. I tried to get one fron autozone to replace it but I don't know what its called. My car didn't come with the lock/unlock keyfob as an option. These wires coming out of the relay box go directly to the rear brake light harness.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Mine is a 9c1. I should have said that. My box that I'm speaking of has a relay molded into it and wires sticking out of it. When I first bought the car I figured it was something not needed anymore so I cut the wires... Wrong move. No tails/brake or any lights it the rear. I tried to get one fron autozone to replace it but I don't know what its called. My car didn't come with the lock/unlock keyfob as an option. These wires coming out of the relay box go directly to the rear brake light harness.
can you post a picture please

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get off at 6

Will take a pic when I get home

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Don't forget, 9c1, could be some sort of wig-wag module for rear tail lights.

Sean

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Don't forget, 9c1, could be some sort of wig-wag module for rear tail lights.

Sean
thinking the same thing, who know what the police department wired up

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
picture host

I use my blackberry to view the forum. I have a picture of the relay but I can't post it. Can anyone post it for me. I can email it to you. Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Black relays behind the back seat are for the 6J6 rear 'lollipop' brake lights on the 9c1 police package.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lollipop?... huh?

Does that mean it could be a bad relay? Can it be taken out and rewired? Do I have to have it? If so where can I get another one? Could you explain please because I've got more questions now than when I started.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
LS,

I sent you a "PM" (Private Message) about posting photos, which you can access by clicking on the "Private Messages" in the upper right-hand corner of this screen (you may need to scroll back up to the top to see it).

HTH.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
picture sent

I emailed a picture to wolf and fooserguy. When they get a chance one of them will post it for me. If some has the color codes for a 96 9c1 and I can just cut this thing out you can consider the black box gone!!! I'm holding until someone can confirm that I don't need it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump ttttttt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts