Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but I can't really find a good thread thru the search.

I've got a 96 SS, CD player is kerplunk, I'd like to replace it with another factory radio. ESPECIALLY ONE WITH MP3 HOOK_UP!!!

It looks like the 99-03 Blazer radio/CD is compatible, and there are tons of those at the local-pull-a-part.

Any other models to look for? Monte? Cavalier? Lumina?

Sorry if this is redundant.

I would REALLY like to find a factory radio with MP3/IPOD hook up, but don't know if anything is compatible.

And what is a Monsoon system?

·
Registered
345 Posts
wanto know the same

I want to put something factory in my wagon but have know idea what will fit , mine is a 93 wagon . I see no one responded so I may be out of luck to .

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up using a factory CD player from a 2000 Blazer, bought two of 'em off of feebay for $40. Installed it in about twenty minutes.
sounds great, lights work, everything works perfectly. Never did find a factory with MP3 hook-ups though.
If it works in the SS, I would think it should work in your ride as well

·
Registered
345 Posts
show me

got any pics of it ? I would really like to see how it looks . were there any mods you had to make for it to fit ?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Not my car, but this is exactly what it looks like, the same radio came in the blazers. Plugged right in to existing wiring, only took a few minutes to remove the dash pieces for access.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts