Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attempted to completely bleed every last drop of air from the cooling system. No matter what I do, there always seems to be bubbles that reappear.

The car doesn't run hot. Maybe slightly hot on the gauge, nothing to worry about. Could it be the beginning of a blown head gasket?

New radiator, new hoses, new thermostat. Otherwise stock with 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Hotter thermostats like the 180°,and/or weak coolant,along with a weak (or,failed) cap make formation of air bubbles between cylinders far more common/possible...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I have attempted to completely bleed every last drop of air from the cooling system. No matter what I do, there always seems to be bubbles that reappear.

The car doesn't run hot. Maybe slightly hot on the gauge, nothing to worry about. Could it be the beginning of a blown head gasket?

New radiator, new hoses, new thermostat. Otherwise stock with 100,000 miles.
Remove the heater core hoses at the firewall and purge HC with water in both directions until it flows clear. A clogged or partially clogged HC can cause this problem. Blown head gaskets are still very rare so although nothing is ruled out, I'd wager it's something less catastrophic.

·
Registered
886 Posts
or one the hoses are not tight and it keep sucking air in to system,or may be a little crack some where,,thermostat housing not sitting right,maybe gasket around thermostat twisted!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts