Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience of using bluetooth with their ipod to connect to their headunit?
Looking at getting a headunit for my Taurus, and thinking that it might be cool.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
replaced my head unit recently, from what I read bluetooth doesnt have the bandwidth for quality sound.
I use the usb on mine.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i have a kenwood kdc bt952hd and the bluetoothe sounds as good if not better than with the ipod usb cable. just my .2

·
Registered
648 Posts
I agree^^^
I just bought a pioneer deh x6500bt and the Bluetooth sounds and works fine.
I can use aux, USB or Bluetooth and of course Bluetooth is easier because once u get in the car it's connected. Great for phone calls too

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I have the DEH-P9400BH and the i5 so I will give bt a try and report back.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Let me know Pogo

I have the DEH-9800BT and I really like it, problem is I need to pair it again every time I start the car. That was with the iPhone 4, I'm hoping it will be better with the 5, but right now the dash is out of the car, so I'll have to wait to find out.

I really like the quality of the sound, both the phone as well as Bluetooth music. As far as the phone is concerned, I couldn't load the contacts from the phone, and people would complain about how I sounded to THEM, although they sounded great to ME.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Not sure why u have to sync every time. I have a 3GS and it connects everytime I get back in the car. It also Keeps my phone book and favorite preset phone numbers. Maybe wired wrong or there might be a seperate memory battery

·
Registered
428 Posts
This i why i prefer kenwoods blutoothe over pioneers.

·
Registered
158 Posts
got a kenwood x996 which does bluetooth, pandora, bluetooth audio, usb, aux, hd radio, satellite radio...

bluetooth on it works great with iphone 4s and comes with mic to install on visor or steering column

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
got a kenwood x996 which does bluetooth, pandora, bluetooth audio, usb, aux, hd radio, satellite radio...

bluetooth on it works great with iphone 4s and comes with mic to install on visor or steering column
Hey Coolwazabi,

Looks like a really good unit. Does it pair automatically when you get in your car?

Does it download your phone book?

I have a Pioneer DEH9800 BT, and it won't pair automatically or download my phone book.

Congrats on a cool radio - Thanks.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Coolwazabi,

Looks like a really good unit. Does it pair automatically when you get in your car?

Does it download your phone book?

I have a Pioneer DEH9800 BT, and it won't pair automatically or download my phone book.

Congrats on a cool radio - Thanks.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Yes it pairs automatically with iphones and galaxy s3. It does download recent calls and phone book. When phone rings it shows who's calling and this is my fav option. If your turning on pandora radio while synced then shut your car off. It will close pandora knowing your done driving to save phone battery.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have a pioneer d3 with bluetooth in my truck it sounds as good as the ipod or other mp3 devices do. same for the f90bt i had in the car my wife had prior to the kia. i use my phone for my mp3 player now. the kia has oem bt and it works the same also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts