Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wondering which to go with,stock or extended length.the stock length uppers are on sale for $99.00 and the lowers are $159.00 .which are better for drag racing?i have heard there are some issues about the stock length uppers, something about all cars being different.should i just buy the lowers and adjustable uppers?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have just the stock length lowers they feel good, and helped stiffen the rear end a whole bunch, The extended is main for looks, and U will have to get a new driveshaft.

HTH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with the adjustable extended BMR'S to center the rear wheel,you will have to buy a extended drive shaft because later on you will want to up grade to 373s. And have a computer reprogramned for the speedo change.
I throw a high recomend on all of the above and see mike at NO LIMITS for a great deal he treated me very good....

sspeedboat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the BMR extended arms and had to remount my Flowmaster Force III after I did the arms.
For drag racing the stock length has a very slight weight transfer advantage. The bars are much better than the stock. They corner better and no wheel hop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think these arms should give better weight transfer, they are closer to the gas tanks and closer to the rear... so when trying to launch there is more in front of it to lift.....isn't that way top fuel dragsters and funny cars have the wheel pretty much all the way to the back?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey RJI,
i too use the force III, and am considering the bmr extended lower/adjustable upper combo. how/where did they interfere with the exhaust and what did you have to do to fix it? thanks for your help

brandon :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I both the upper and lower stock length BMR control arms with only good things to report. The most difficult thing is replacing the differential bushings. There are several post that discuss some other ways of doing this.

Jose

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the lowers on my daily driver for a year now, no problems at all.

I have both uppers and lowers on the "play" 9c1, no problems with the bushings either if you start here: :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes they are stock length, oh they come in different colors also, I just happened to pick hugger orange.

Thanks for the compliments Pete, that's actually an old picture now, I need to update the web page with some recent pics, it's been a busy summer with it :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.