Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put 17" Wheels from a 97 BMW 540 on my wagon. I have a couple of pics but I don't really understand how to post them. I would really like to post the pics so if somebody could help me out I would appreciate it. Plus how often do you see a Caprice wagon with BMW wheels?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think you need a website to host the pic you have. Then if you have that, use the url for that page to link it to your post. To do this, notice when you post there are buttons below that say URL, email,bold,etc and there is one that says image. click the image button and then paste your url for the picture in the box that shows up and press ok. then it should show up on your post. I hope this made any sense!

i didn't know any BMW wheels would fit. Was it a direct bolt on? i am curious. Hope you get your pics up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a website to host it, I think that is my problem.

The wheels were not a direct bolt on. They have a 5 x 120mm pattern so I had to use adapters. I have made them myself before with good success but this time I bought them from Adaptit. (time for shameless plug). They cost $190 total shipped and they were at my door in 3 days. Those guys knew the exact back spacing to make it look right and they bolted up no problem, no rubbing no balance problems just perfecct. To test the balance thing I ran the car up to about 105 (on the speedo) yesterday and it was as smooth as silk. I have not recalibrated the speedo yet so I think that was only about 90 but I feel really confident that everything is OK.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I want to see the pics. Email them to me or someone else and we will post them if noting else.

Were they a straight bolt on job?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just emailed the pics to 92CustomCruiser
so hopefully he can post them soon. Sorry for the delay I went on vacation right after I made posts last week. I am pretty tied up today but I will try to get an imagestation account so I don't tease people and talk about wheels with no pictures again.

Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats cool, i always thought that bmw had some of the coolest stock wheels, they look sharp only way it could be better is it if it was lower. Cool idea

later,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gorgeous wheels on that wagon! I didn't think anyone made adapters for an application like this. In case anyone was wondering about the BMW wheels you have they are E39 "Bolted 7 Spoke" Style 19 ( Yes BMW names every wheel they make :rolleyes: ) They also came on the 5 series sedan and sport wagons. They also came on some 3 series and Z3's too but those are only 7 1/2 X 17.
Part number for the 8 X 17 fronts is 85 32 9 409 938 and 85 32 9 409 903 for the 9 X 17 rear wheels which will fit a 255/40R17 tire. I can not tell from the photos but they look like you have the 9 inch wide rims. Am I right? :confused: You should see the retail price on these! :eek:
Very unique looking wagon!

Milt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These are the 9 inch wide wheels. I am running 235/45-R17 Pirelli P7000 tires. The only reason I am using that size is I got them for free (along with the wheels) so I figured I would use them rather than dropping $600 or more on different tires.

I would love to know what the retail price is on these wheels (just for entertainment). And last but not least these are BBS wheels. I guess they must be an OEM for BMW. It has both symbols under the center caps. I'm glad you guys like them.

Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The retail price on your 9" wheels is $710.00 each, plus $24.75 for the center cap. BBS is an OEM BMW manufacturer. The factory wheels on my Bimmer are also BBS made.

Heres a 7 series hard at work for the heroes on Sept 11th.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.