Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Board of Director Meeting Highlights February 26, 2005

ISSCA Board of Directors concluded their face to face meeting in Albuquerque today.

The thirteen Directors in attendance were:

Clay Micheau representing Region 1

Rick Williams representing Region 2

Edward Amado and Jerry Campbell representing Region 3

Harvey Clark and Dennis Wishon representing Region 5

Jay Johnson and Rick Matthews representing Region 6

Dave Breiner and Dodie Sheffield representing Region 8

Bill Harper representing Region 9

Paul Roswell representing Region 10

Gerry Massie Representing Region 12

The six Directors unable to attend were;

Gene Zebley Region 13
Dave Wilson Region 11
Dan Leftwich Region 11
Karren Clevanger Region 4
Bob Fandetti Region 9
Les Brown Region 2

The first order of business was to install three new directors;

Paul Roswell representing Region 10

Rick Williams representing Region 2

Gerry Massie representing Region 12

Next order of business was to elect new ISSCA Officers for 2005;

Bill Harper was elected as President, Harvey Clark ISSCA’s first and only President passed the helm and leaves office, we are all grateful for Harvey’s leadership and sacrifice.

Rick Matthews was elected as Vice President replacing outgoing VP and newly elected President Bill Harper.

Paul Roswell was elected as Treasurer replacing Terry Rodgers

Jay Johnson was elected as Secretary replacing Dodie Sheffield

On behalf of ISSCA we want to express our gratitude to the departing ISSCA Officers for their commitment, sacrifice and dedication to ISSCA.

Once the Officers were installed, the Board of Directors got down to the business of ISSCA with other agenda items including officer appointments, website updates, Chartered Club audit discussions and the all important discussions around Mountain MadneSS. More on all these topics will be posted on the ISSCA website as soon as the minuets have been approved by the BoD later in March.

Rick Matthews
ISSCA PRO

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks Rick, looking forward to more info on Mountain MadneSS....

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are these meetings made public AFTER they occur? Are you guys scared I would show up since you had it close by????

I thought ISSCA was going to be making these meeting dates/times public, allowing all interested to attend

-or did I overlook it?

On the surface this looks like the same song & dance as last year.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lance,

Information regarding the meeting had been forwarded through the Chartered Clubs. Board meetings are as indicated in the ISSCA Bylaws open to ISSCA members in good standing and you would have been welcome to come and observe the proceedings. The next one will be prior to Mountain MadneSS specific information will be forwarded through the Chartered Clubs and posted in the Members Section of the new ISSCA web site, you are welcome to attend.

Rick Matthews
ISSCA VP & PRO

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on Rick.

If I'm in PA in time, I'll definitely attend, and quietly observe, so I can understand all of the actions and formalities. I think it would be cool!

Thanks!
Lance

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by HighwaySS:
Lance,

Information regarding the meeting had been forwarded through the Chartered Clubs. Board meetings are as indicated in the ISSCA Bylaws open to ISSCA members in good standing and you would have been welcome to come and observe the proceedings. The next one will be prior to Mountain MadneSS specific information will be forwarded through the Chartered Clubs and posted in the Members Section of the new ISSCA web site, you are welcome to attend.

Rick Matthews
ISSCA VP & PRO
My thing is that this meeting wasn't announced in any way other than through the chartered clubs?!?! How the heck are those that aren't in a chartered club supposed to get this? It was not listed on the ISSCA website. I thought that this wasn't going to happen again? Things don't seem to be changing up there.

Mav

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I notice that Rick has also changed his post from last night. Apparently his position has changed. I guess no one will mistake the I in ISSCA to stand for integrity. :rolleyes:

I guess since I'm not chatered, then getting info from ISSCA, until after the fact, is not an option.

" ...you would have been welcome to come and observe the proceedings..."

Yeah, that's what was said after the last meeting too. I'm noticing a trend here. It was also said months ago that the members would be notified regarding any future ISSCA meetings, since according to the bylaws, they're "welcome to attend", or so I'm told. Last night, I asked that question, and you posted that you meant to, but it was ovelooked. Today, I notice your post is edited. So does that mean that you DIDN'T overlook it?

What's the deal?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HuSSker : Rick edited it to correct the spelling of Jerry Campbell's name. Nothing more, nothing less. Remove the tinfoil hat, no need to be paranoid here ;)

I think it'd be a good idea for YOU, as the "unofficial rep" of the Colorado SS owners, to be on the ISSCA Chartered Club yahoogroup list. There are others on there who are leaders in their clubs, even if the club is non-chartered (i.e. the name of the yahoogroup isn't entirely appropriate).

And yes, details of the Feb 25th meeting were posted on the yahoogroup well before the meeting.

Contact Bill Harper to be added.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No metal headgear here Ed. Last night, Rick's SECOND post mentioned that he overlooked announcing the BOD meeting to the public (thought he did, but checked his notes, and realized he didn't, etc.). Today, his post tells a different story.

Along with the the majority of the ISSCA membership,I've never heard of the Yahoo group. Yet another ISSCA secret... I'll talk to Bill.

EDIT: Ed, thanks for the straight scoop. Glad I can get it from someone!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw a post where an annoucement was made. It was either this forum or INEGMA. Those are the only 2 forums I frequent.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It wasn't on this forum.
It wasn't on www.goissca.org.
It wasn't in the last 2 issues of the Impala SScene.

I checked all 3.

Regardless of where you may have seen it, it SHOULD have been in one of the last 2 club communications to the membership body. This is not ISSCA's forum, nor does the majority of the membership body frequent this site. New website or not, it should have been posted in there.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lance is correct I did post that I thought I had posted the information and it was an oversight to not post it on the Forum. Within minuets of posting I found the references I was looking for where I posted to the Chartered Club group thus I edited the post to accurately reflect my actions. Lance you must have seen the changes, to which you replied two hours later “Right on Rick” but nothing changed after that point. [You can verify this by editing your post and noting the time of the original post prior to the edit and the time after the post is edited].

ISSCA as all know is made up of its Members, the “Value Point” of congregation for the Membership is the Chartered Clubs it is our practice to first post information to the Chartered Clubs through the Chartered Club group, which currently is primarily made up of the officers or leaders of Chartered Clubs, Directors and other leaders of ISSCA (Ed for example). We then rely on those in the Chartered Club to pass on the information through their groups and finally we post information on the Forum (once up and running we’ll post to the new ISSCA website). Does it work all the time? Well no, not when I make a mistake. I don’t claim to be perfect, just to have perfect intentions.

It is the goal of ISSCA that every member of ISSCA can become affiliated with a Chartered Club or Regional Director. Directors and their email addresses are listed in the SScene as well as Chartered Clubs and their contact information. Members who are overseas may feel this leaves them out however I encourage you to contact both the Director and Chartered Club closest to your home base or any other that you have a particular affinity to as all are here to serve.

So Lance, Mav and other Members I apologize for leaving you out of the loop it was not intentional, I made a mistake but with dedicated ISSCA Members like yourselves I’ll get better.

At your service,

Rick Matthews
ISSCA VP & PRO

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope. When I replied, it stated that there was an oversight, and that the next one would be shortly before the nationals in PA, and details would be announced. That's what I replied to. Today, it says that I have to wait for the website to be rebuilt, or be chartered to be informed. I don't understand why when you edited your post, you replaced facts with "other" facts, rather than placing them in addition to your original post?

Edit: the time does not change...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mr Hussker,. what is it you plan to do at a board of directors meeting??Do you plan to stand up and interject comments on all the motions being discussed? Do you feel that something subversive is being planned?? something underhanded is being done? Are things not moving at a speed that pleases you? Are you somebody important to the continuation of issca? This is a car club, Not a new political party being formed to otherthrow the government. Are you making the issca board jump thru hoops because it pleases you to do so? Are you constructively adding anything to the process? Are you being destructive to the process?
I would like to know your motivation,.is it a positive interest? or a destructive interest?
No malice intended
Nick messam
ISSCA # 309

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hussker wrote:
Along with the the majority of the ISSCA membership,I've never heard of the Yahoo group. Yet another ISSCA secret...
Here's a bit of irony for you. The Chartered Club Group is very new (only been around a couple of months) and it was started to help spread ISSCA information and share ideas for club improvment in an open format. And, it was started because of threads like this.... now here you are acusing ISSCA of keeping secrets again... don't you think that's funny???

The Group is not intended for "the majority of the ISSCA membership."

Edit: I've been informed that the CC Group is not "new" but was "revived" this last fall... sorry for the error.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mr. Messam,

I don't want to speak for HuSSker, but we share the exact same views on ISSCA, past...present and future. Ever since the shady "booting of Chuck" issue, many things have come under question to us. I opted out of ISSCA (as a club, but not as an idea) because of these things under question.

Part of the problem was lack of information being handed to the members. Whether it be on this forum or on the website. One of the "fix actions"<--gross military term, was to increase awareness of upcoming BOD events, to include general membership invites. To HuSSker, this was a step in the right direction, therefore he decided to stay a member. Then what happens? Another BOD meeting passed him by because he is not in any registered regional club. I can tell you this is a shot in the back.

As for these questions....
Are you somebody important to the continuation of issca?
I would like to think that every member is important. Not just those that serve on the BOD or belong to a chartered club.

and...
Are you constructively adding anything to the process?
I would say that yes, he, and somewhat I, are trying to improve this club by trying to clear up the doubts that many members are having. Also, we were the major complainers on the late/missing ISSCA SScene magazines. But not only did HuSSker complain, he did something about it. He wrote and sent in a reader profile of a local club member(printed in the Sep-Oct SScene), and also wrote the "From Colorado to the Cotton Bowl" article printed in the last issue. So, yes he is adding to the club.

I'm sure HuSSker(Lance) would probably say the same thing, and maybe more, but he cannot access the forum during work hours.

Thanks,
Maverick

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Rustic:

The Group is not intended for "the majority of the ISSCA membership."
Chris,

Then why bring this up at all? If it's not intended for the majority of the members, it has no bearing on mine and HuSSker's issue. We simply want some outflow of information to the non-majority. I think they deserve it considering that they pay the same amount for their membership.

Rick, thanks for the apology. Sure it would have meant more if it had not been deleted the first time.

Mav

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maverick, how are things going over in Germany...?
Any chance that YOU will be in PA this July ?

It would be great to see you again !

Take care...Jim...still drivin an old Chevy !

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Jim Moulton:
Maverick, how are things going over in Germany...?
Any chance that YOU will be in PA this July ?

It would be great to see you again !

Take care...Jim...still drivin an old Chevy !
Going good Jim. Just trying to improve a club that I'm no longer a member of.
Someday, I would like to get back in.

As for PA, it's quite possible.

It would be nice to see you again too. Hope you can bring me one of them beer cans with those cool "easier flowing liquid" tops. :D

Take care,
Maverick

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by MadMav:

Just trying to improve a club that I'm no longer a member of.
Someday, I would like to get back in.
Take care,
Maverick [/QB]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts