Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob Noble is the man when it comes to powdercoating. I had two more things done in my favorite red; the thermostat housing and the Waterpump front cover. I'm trying to think of a color that goes good w/ the red so I don't over do that one color anyways Enjoy..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I can't get enough of these. And he says I send him the weirdest stuff. BTW they're powdercoated on the inside. Bob is truly an artist

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buffman, the first step is admitting you have a problem. I have a doctor friend who can help you... (actually this is my way of coping, since I know once I send Bob something, I'll be just like you.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Parts look great (As usual) from Bob and no doubt Matt, the Corona bottles are one of a kind!..... :cool: Been waiting to see the end result of those. Got an order of PC parts from Bob showing up today at the house !..... :D .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The T-stat and WP cover in action on my replacement WP.

The paint is the new metal specks (grey of course) paint by duplicolor. Turned out good IMO

Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by bigb9000:
got pics of it installed?

im thinking of doing mine dark green for some reason.
I will have to take the Raiss off to get a picture of the WP but I'll do that sometime tomorrow when I get a chacne.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Matt, I was wondering about that color red you seem to get your parts powerercoated in. Is that red an out of the "can" color or does Bob premix it for you?

Thanks
CJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by etc.:
Hello Matt, I was wondering about that color red you seem to get your parts powerercoated in. Is that red an out of the "can" color or does Bob premix it for you?

Thanks
CJ
I have no idea. If you decided to send bob some parts say "Hey bob just coat my stuff in Matt Hoffman's Red" seeing how I am the only one who uses it.

Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe the "Matt Hoffman" red is what Bob calls "Red Metallic" or Red Metalflake. The Red color I had Bob do all my work in is LT4 Red.
Pics of the 2 colors.

Matt Hoffman Red

LT4 Red

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by B-Body Builder:
I believe the "Matt Hoffman" red is what Bob calls "Red Metallic" or Red Metalflake. The Red color I had Bob do all my work in is LT4 Red.
Pics of the 2 colors.

Matt Hoffman Red

LT4 Red
yeap it's just a tad darker than the lt4 red

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Well.....It's nice to see that my parts are still being posted....even if I didn't post it.

Bob does do great work. I have a local powdercoater now. I will post his work very soon. It is a lot easier using a local powdercoater, with the really big parts, like my new rear end, brake drums, and my extra LT1 from a Y Body.

I have been very busy working lots of OT to pay for lots of new stuff.

BTW, my intake above will be installed and not on my table anymore very soon, along with my new cam, and rockers. Just finishing up the complete suspension: 18" wheels, 285 40 18 Toyo Proxes TR1's, New Red Powdercoated Upper and Lower Control arms. Eibach springs. SSBC Caliper kit. Baer Rotors. Energy Suspension bushings, and Moog parts, and an Eaton Posi unit with 3.73's. Just spent enough at Summitracing to have their security department call me to verify that my recent purchases are legit ;)

Lower control arms:

SSBC Calipers:

OZ Racing 18" Wheels:

Toyo Proxes TR1 Tires (have to wait. my tire dealer has them on order for me):

Nice to see you guys keeping busy.

I see that ssmokeybear is still treating you all with his same customer service. :D

Sorry Hack, couldn't resist.

Stewart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey Stew why do u end up using Eibach springs. from what I've read they tend to start sagging really quickly.

Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Matt...the RoadMonster project is getting way out of control. It's to the point that I don't want to drive it daily anymore. It's too nice to subject it to parking lot abuse.

I just re-financed my home, paid off all my bills, and took out some play money. Probably just gonna buy a winter beater...Thinking of a WRX STI for the bad weather....Wifes buying a Buick Rendezvous.

The 'ol Monster is just gonna be for the nicer weather, road trips, car shows and such. I bought another LT1 to build as a stroker motor with a supercharger. I am definitely having too much fun. I am having the block prepped and powdercoated. You are gonna be impressed. I promise!

Oh yeah, I have had good luck with Eibachs in the past. Never sagged. However, if they become a problem, I'll just change them.

Good luck with your project.

Stewart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by effin-newbee:
Hi Matt...the RoadMonster project is getting way out of control. It's to the point that I don't want to drive it daily anymore. It's too nice to subject it to parking lot abuse.

I just re-financed my home, paid off all my bills, and took out some play money. Probably just gonna buy a winter beater...Thinking of a WRX STI for the bad weather....Wifes buying a Buick Rendezvous.

The 'ol Monster is just gonna be for the nicer weather, road trips, car shows and such. I bought another LT1 to build as a stroker motor with a supercharger. I am definitely having too much fun. I am having the block prepped and powdercoated. You are gonna be impressed. I promise!

Oh yeah, I have had good luck with Eibachs in the past. Never sagged. However, if they become a problem, I'll just change them.

Good luck with your project.

Stewart
if they make them in the right size I suggest rear helper bags. I only have one installed right now (driver's side exhaust is too close to the spring, don't want to melt a $30 bag) and boy does it handle better and want to dig for traction faster

My friend has an STI. Freaking awesome car. Just be careful not to let tall people sit in the back because when the boost builds and you shift it, smack goes their head into the glass.

After I'm done paying off one bill, I need to save for my winter car. then it's off paying this CC down and I'll prolly have the body damage and a new paint job on the car next year sometime hopefully.

Godspeed Stew

Matt

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.