Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of my wagon frame swap. I found two more body bushings (L&R) just behind where the front bumper attaches to the frame. Do you know which bushings would work well there? Upper and Lower? I am assuming the same thickness as the rest.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Same as the rest. Most folks don't bother putting new lowers up there because of the (relative) difficulty in getting to them for the small gain.

Obviously, with a bit better access to the frame, it's a no-brainer to do them.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If these are the bushings that are right in front of the air box and right in front of the battery, these are the #1 position bushings. There is a thru bolt that goes in the bottom of the frame and the first bushing is between the frame and the front clip then a bushing on top of the sheet metal, a washer and a nut. You have to remove the splash gaurd under the front facia that extends into the front of the wheel well to access the bottom of the bolt (both sides). The bushing between the frame and sheet metal is thicker than the other bushings and the body panel "alignment" shims go under the bushing (resting on the frame)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To clarify, the radiator core support insulators/bushings are NOT body mount bushings, per se, and are not included in the numbered "body mount" positions in the FSM or parts listings.

FWIW, body mount #1 is behind the front wheel.

It is necessary to loosen the radiator support insulators (remove the mounting bolts?) when doing a upper body mount swap. I haven't looked it up, but I recall that the P/N for the insulators is not the same as the body mounts, could be wrong though.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Navy Lifer:
To clarify, the radiator core support insulators/bushings are NOT body mount bushings, per se, and are not included in the numbered "body mount" positions in the FSM or parts listings.

FWIW, body mount #1 is behind the front wheel.

It is necessary to loosen the radiator support insulators (remove the mounting bolts?) when doing a upper body mount swap. I haven't looked it up, but I recall that the P/N for the insulators is not the same as the body mounts, could be wrong though.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you get the energy suspension bushings- they call the core support #1-

technically, it's the inner one behind the front wheel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts