Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking for the dimensions of the pink body cushions. Diameter, thickness and shape. I want to machine some for the missing cushions on a 1995 Impy. Thanks

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Just remember that rubber squishes. If you're machining something harder than rubber, you need to factor in what the final dimension needs to be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
91ss, That is a valid point, I will factor in some tolerance for that. Thanks Dezrat

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Durometer is a factor also. This is a very worthwhile project. Kudos.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the encouragement, I had some new leaf spring insulators and thought I would try something. Hope to tie frame and body together but not completely ruin my ride quality. I will test material with durometer for notes. Wanted some pink insolators but seem extinct now. Will try to keep you posted. PS: I work slow. Dezrat

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Haven''t seen Bill on here for a while but you may want to reach out to Navy_Lifer and see what Specs he may have on Dimensions. I think he has a thread here somewhere where they were looking at getting bushings made and his thread may already have some of this info.

But really, the issue with the green/Pink Bushings is not so much in the Diameter of the part as it is the Material of the part itself. You could get the general dimensions of the Bushings from any Stock replacement part or the Poly Kits also have these you could model from.

But as was mentioned already, the real issue here is the material used. To ma5tch the factory material rating could be difficult to match YET this is what will provide you the best results to match what GM offered back in the day. I'm sure my bushings are nearing their end and would love to see someone develop some parts to replace these.

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
FWIW the source of my previous post, and this one, is from Scott Mueller's "Killer Body Mounts" bulletin which I have had on file for several years and did buy the various colors back when Dal was selling parts

The now discontinued GM #'s were:

P/N Description Cost (ea.)
377801 Stock 5/8" thick soft rubber (Black) $7.16
457917 New 3/4" thick firm rubber (Dk Green) $4.24
457915 New 7/8" thick firm rubber (Pink) $5.41

1 - 9 of 9 Posts