polyurethane
Energy Suspension Body Mount Bushing Kit
1. Part#
2. Sub Model
3. Type
4. Description

3.4136G SS 2WD Body Mount Set; Black; Police/Taxi/Race Car; 5.7 Liter

3.4136R SS 2WD Body Mount Set; Red; Police/Taxi/Race Car; 5.7 Liter

3.4145G SS 2WD Body Mount Set; Black; Police/Taxi/Race Car Recommend Firmer Durometer Set PN[3.4136]; 5.7 Liter

3.4145R SS 2WD Body Mount Set; Red; Police/Taxi/Race Car Recommend Firmer Durometer Set PN[3.4136]; 5.7 Liter

· Registered
607 Posts
3.4136G SS 2WD Body Mount Set; Black; Police/Taxi/Race Car; 5.7 Liter

3.4136R SS 2WD Body Mount Set; Red; Police/Taxi/Race Car; 5.7 Liter

3.4145G SS 2WD Body Mount Set; Black; Police/Taxi/Race Car Recommend Firmer Durometer Set PN[3.4136]; 5.7 Liter

3.4145R SS 2WD Body Mount Set; Red; Police/Taxi/Race Car Recommend Firmer Durometer Set PN[3.4136]; 5.7 Liter
What is the difference between the 3.4136 and the 3.4145 kits?

· Registered
95 Posts
Body Mounts - Urethane.....

FWIW - I installed the "firmer" Energy Suspension Urethane Body mount set in my Impala about 3 years ago. If I had to do it over I would have tried the "less firm" set.

I have GW Del-a-Lums uppers and lowers in the front. The Currie Rear Lower control Arms and custom Rear Uppers with steel Spherical bearings in the front. The ONLY rubber bushings that remain in the suspension are in the Rear end housing upper mounts.

With the above to "qualify" my statements I will say the Urethane body mounts either induced or caused me to notice quite a few more rattles / squeaks and did increase the SOTP ride firmness / harshness.

They did seem to stiffen up the body but the ride comfort / road noise was affected - more than some folks would be willing to accept.

This might not be a noticeable in a car with all rubber suspension bushings but it was in mine. I would not recommend them for a daily driver.
Previous to that I had done the Mueller Mod: adding the lower cushions to the front six and changing the aft lower; for a daily driver I would stop there.

· Registered
44 Posts
I have a complete set "new" 34136R Energy Suspension Body Bushings. Changed my mind on putting them on my daily driver ..Posting them on For Sale section for $50.00 plus S/H.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.