Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my Body Bushings. Any suggestions? The Impala Superstore is no longer :-( But I got my last bushings from there for my previous 96.

Thanks!

ImpalaJoe

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Only company I know of that makes our body bushings is Energy Suspension. You can get them at Summit. I'd recommend the black ones as they have graphite mixed in with the polyurethane so it won't squeak.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
You can also set your self up with the firmer 9C1 rubber bushings if you want to retain a little more isolation. On a stock quiet car, you can fell the difference. Louder exhaust, probably not.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You can also set your self up with the firmer 9C1 rubber bushings if you want to retain a little more isolation. On a stock quiet car, you can fell the difference. Louder exhaust, probably not.
That 9C1/taxi set I heard was way to stiff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah, Solange has Borla Cat backs. 😁

THANKS!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only company I know of that makes our body bushings is Energy Suspension. You can get them at Summit. I'd recommend the black ones as they have graphite mixed in with the polyurethane so it won't squeak.

Hmmn... I see 2 sets on Summit with 2 different numbers.

Energy Suspension 3.4136G
Energy Suspension 3.4145G

?? Any clue which one to get? One is $24 more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3.4136 is for the police/taxi cars and if your racing. That one is extra firm and you'll feel every bump.

Not really racing or say.... I mean I may take her to the track eventually but mainly just wanna Go FaSSt. 😁 So I should go with the other one?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Not really racing or say.... I mean I may take her to the track eventually but mainly just wanna Go FaSSt. So I should go with the other one?
Yes if you drive it a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts