Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying the "police pckg" body busings from the superstore...anybody install them or equivalent?? What's it take? tools, etc.,?? Can I do it leisurely w/ a couple "adult beverages" in the garage on a Sunday afternoon??? Thanx ;)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Assuming it's the same as when you order the body bushings from Dal you'll need like one wrench/socket (don't recall size), a shirt you don't mind laying on the ground with, and about 30 minutes...If you're slow. seriously.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff I also have my body bushings sitting on the shelf waiting for the nicer weather to do it outside. Just the right size wrench and the right weather and some clearance helps. Clay

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
15MM socket and about 1/2 hour. One of the best for the buck changes you can make.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a torque wrench and BIG garage, no problem there, thanks for the tip, now, can y'all help me with my "torque Converter" stall speed Question in the "drivtrain" section?? :D :D THANX

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smoothie- just what kind of weather are you waiting for do a bushing change? I changed mine on an ice covered driveway, with the temps in the teens!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About in the low 30s this last week or poring down rain. I have changed a few starters and u-joints in the snow or rain in the past. Any who my driveway has a incline to it I can get more clearance than in my garage. :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts