Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
The only thing I have seen on an RMS is a massive grille like the Rolls Royce lookalikes. Beyond that nada.

You can not even do the 93-96 Caprice wheel openings, because the rear door goes back to the wheel opening. My guess is that custom parts would be a good business venture, albeit about 20 years late.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
The whole front clip from a Caprice is a direct swap, then you can run any Caprice/Impala aftermarket parts you want. Many years ago on the forum, I saw an Impala style spoiler molded into the Roadmaster trunk lid too. Didn't look too bad actually.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Anyone ever see of a aftermarket or modified front/rear bumper for our cars or like hoods or headlights
Street Trends makes front and rear smoothie bumpers. I've only seen the front bumper on an actual car. There are no other aftermarket parts for the sedan body. I guess there wasn't much profit to be made on these cars. I eventually had the motivation to create my own headlamps. It took a lot of work but it was worth it. I was tired of dealing with the mediocre light output so, I cleared them and projector retrofitted them. Everything has to be custom on these cars.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
rear bumper

I'm building two 95/96 Roadmaster sedans with Impala SS front ends, Olds custom crusier front bumper, all chrome delete,C piller delete/welded, one blue car with complete ss interior, including SS dash, Blazer floorshifter, Bonnie seats, Impala SS door panels, and z28 cluster plus all the good drive train mods. They are both winter projects, so not completely done complete yet.

I found a cheap way to make the rear bumpers look much better on a Roadmaster Sedans. It cost about $25 plus the paint. I do my own paint, body work, ect. Here is a pic of one of the bumper still in the paint booth.
Here are some other pics, Im building a white one and a blue one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Remove the chrome completely and the rear back up lights from the rear bumper. Buy this trim and peel and stick. I also bought so black window adhesive and put a bead around the back up lights and the holes before I installed the trim. Then scuff lightly and paint the whole rear bumper.
I'm going to add a led white light under the bumper for the reverse light.

I can post the business I bought it from here in Fenton, Mo. They are online and one roll does two rear bumpers. I think it sells for around 50 a roll.

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
There are definitely a couple members that have Impala spoilers on their Roadmasters. I encountered one of them on I-55 on my way home from Nats in 2007 and never found out who it was. His car was WAY faster than the Fleetwood I was driving at the time.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm building two 95/96 Roadmaster sedans with Impala SS front ends, Olds custom crusier front bumper, all chrome delete,C piller delete/welded, one blue car with complete ss interior, including SS dash, Blazer floorshifter, Bonnie seats, Impala SS door panels, and z28 cluster plus all the good drive train mods. They are both winter projects, so not completely done complete yet.

I found a cheap way to make the rear bumpers look much better on a Roadmaster Sedans. It cost about $25 plus the paint. I do my own paint, body work, ect. Here is a pic of one of the bumper still in the paint booth.
Here are some other pics, Im building a white one and a blue one.
Nice work! Those exterior and interior mods will make them stand out. I have some stuff deleted on mine, like the opera lamps. I will get some 95/96 doors before my next paint job because the larger, properly placed mirrors enhance the look of Roadmasters, in my opinion.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's a nice Roadmaster. After seeing your front end swap some years ago, I was looking for an Impala or Caprice front end so I could do the swap. I like the look of the Impala/Caprice front. I got side tracked and never did the swap. However, after doing a projector retrofit, I will stick with the Roadmaster front end. I'll do a few mods to the front bumper and spray every stainless and chrome plated piece on my car the same color.

·
Registered
995 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Here is a 96 roadmaster one I did a few months ago before my surgery, I just sold it a few weeks ago.

I my 95 Roadmaster blue one will be done as soon as i get back on my feet from having back surgery. I counted it has 12 different cars is was made from and looks really good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Thanks, the 95 MAB Roadmaster Sedan I'm building is turning out wonderful, I cannot wait to get that one all buttoned up and post some pics. Its going to be one of a kind in the b-body world.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts