Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new tires 275/50/17. Nitto450's. They are a hair wider than stock. Combine that with the fact it seems the car body is not centered over the rear axle so the right tire looks like it could conceivably it the rear quarter. Is this a common issue? Is it possible to shift the body over 3/4"?? Thx

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just got new tires 275/50/17. Nitto450's. They are a hair wider than stock. Combine that with the fact it seems the car body is not centered over the rear axle so the right tire looks like it could conceivably it the rear quarter. Is this a common issue? Is it possible to shift the body over 3/4"?? Thx
post pics..would like to see 275 setup...and yes its common...search button,,few threads will pop up,,.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
post pics..would like to see 275 setup...and yes its common...search button,,few threads will pop up,,.
re- search... Cool I'll see what I can find thx.

Love the tires! VERY quite very smooth ride do not notice any problems cornering hard. But... I'm not racing the thing either. They do exactly what I wanted. $750 installed too. Will post some better pics tomorrow in a more appropriate thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
re- search... Cool I'll see what I can find thx.

Love the tires! VERY quite very smooth ride do not notice any problems cornering hard. But... I'm not racing the thing either. They do exactly what I wanted. $750 installed too. Will post some better pics tomorrow in a more appropriate thread.
tires look beefy...fills up the wheel well nicely...

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've been running 275 on our car since 1996, it's a 94. Much better than the 255's that it had stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts