185k miles
I've had the Opti replaced less then 6months ago
I'm not due for another Oil Change for another 1,500miles
Did a Tune up about 8,000 miles ago
I replaced the fuel Filter
I Cleaned the #%$& out of the EGR valve
I sprayed the Throttle Body Clean
I used the Seafoam, Lucas Injector cleaner

The Problem I'm having is...when I drive the car for a while the car will bogg down and shut off on me as I'm driving it...I depress the pedal to the floor and it does nothing but pop and somewhat back fire then the car dies....then I come to a stop and restart the car and everything is fine. but if I stop driving the car for maybe 2-3 hrs then start driving it again it does the same thing again...I allow the car to warm up and still it does the same thing. I'm not getting any black smoke from the exhaust, just normal condensation when driving until it warms up....can anybody help me because it was really scary when I was driving yesterday on a two lane bridge and it died just as I got off the bridge I barely had a shoulder to pull onto...So I need help ASAP

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
last time I had this bogging issue it was one of my fuses was blown (gitta find out for you)
But its the ones under the hood by the relays.
My car could not go over 35MPH and bogged ridiculously. the only difference was that the car did not shut off.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Have someone with a fuel pressure gauge check your fuel pressure. Sometimes fuel pumps die a slow death.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
im working on a buddy's 96 ss he has replaced the pump,in tank harness and filter but the car after it warms up it will idle ok but you give it gas and it may or may not bogg down backfire like crazy and die.let it set for a while and sometimes it will start up and run like nothing ever happened.figured it has to be the opti or the ICM.in my experience with the ICM if it was that it would just get hot and the car would die..let it set and cool down and it would start right back up but no backfiring or bogging down before dieing.so we are going to tear in down this morning and do a opti if no one has any better ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts