Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy my son one of those indestrictible, waterproof phones. It doesn't have to do much: make calls, send and receive texts and it would be good if it has a camera. I know some of you guys have them (Bewbz?) 'cause I've seen the threads before. Any good recommendations? Thanks.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Tomatoe soup cans, and a high strength string. That way you will always know who he is talking to. Also no roaming fee's.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
try this one out

looks pretty strong to me

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tomatoe soup cans, and a high strength string. That way you will always know who he is talking to. Also no roaming fee's.
Tried that. Somewhere between here and Pittsburgh, the string broke.

try this one out

looks pretty strong to me
That one could work, but he travels a lot and it's kinda big...

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't you drop your phone in the pooper awhile back? Is that what you mean by bomb proof?
I never did. It was a purely hypothetical question. And yes, that's part of being bomb-proof.

·
95 imp's bestest buddy
11,892 Posts
Just give him the cheapest phone they got and tell him you will fillet him with a Ginsu if he breaks it.

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear these are hard to break. It'd be pretty hard to lose too!
Those are hard to find, too. They all got bought up by Hollywood when they remade some cheesy 80's movie.

Just give him the cheapest phone they got and tell him you will fillet him with a Ginsu if he breaks it.
But I don't want to fillet him. I want him to have a phone that works. He's 23 and he travels a lot. When Daddy hasn't heard from him in a couple of weeks, he gets nervous.

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
Up until you said he was 23 I thought we were discussing Shane.

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sssshhh. His mom and I want that kept secret.

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
Your secret is safe on the world wide web.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Where has Shame been lately?

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Pickup a used Motorola E815. I beat the sh!t out of that phone and the damn thing still works. My friend left his out in the yard for the winter (lost it there, or was he storing it under snow), and the only problem was the lce was unreadable. It still made calls.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts