Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my caprice has power seats...do i need brackets or mods to switch to 12 way bonnie seats...i was going to buy brackets but i was told that there was another way since i already have power....your feed back is welcomed:D

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
If you are doing the 6 way swap, then there is no problem, should be able to plug and play, that's what I'm running in my SS right now, trying to find some 12 way wiring harness for my 12 ways in order to get them installed. Some of the other bro's will chime and point you in the right direction 2 bro, Peace

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
If you have power rails in your car right now and you went with 6 ways, you could leave the power rails in and bolt on the 6 ways direct, without changing the seat rails, now with 12 ways you are going to have to change the rails and get the adapters or make some, the rails are a little different in the fact the recline motor is mounted to them. Hope this helps.

st95SS- I haven't been out to the yard yet, I have been extremely busy, I will see what I can find for you though.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
If you have power rails in your car right now and you went with 6 ways, you could leave the power rails in and bolt on the 6 ways direct, without changing the seat rails, now with 12 ways you are going to have to change the rails and get the adapters or make some, the rails are a little different in the fact the recline motor is mounted to them. Hope this helps.

st95SS- I haven't been out to the yard yet, I have been extremely busy, I will see what I can find for you though.
Good looking out bro, Peace

·
Registered
565 Posts
You can use your power rails. The seats will not just bolt on, you have to drill new mounting holes in your rails, then the seats will bolt on. The recline motors are in the seats, not on the rails. The three motors on the caprice rails are wired different than the 12 way seat rails, you have to get the sub harness from a bonnie with 12 way seats. It plugs into the 12way harness then into the three rail motors. you will be abandoning the seat controls in the armreat and using the bonnie 12 way controls.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
You can use your power rails. The seats will not just bolt on, you have to drill new mounting holes in your rails, then the seats will bolt on. The recline motors are in the seats, not on the rails. The three motors on the caprice rails are wired different than the 12 way seat rails, you have to get the sub harness from a bonnie with 12 way seats. It plugs into the 12way harness then into the three rail motors. you will be abandoning the seat controls in the armreat and using the bonnie 12 way controls.
Yeah sorry forgot to mention that you have to redrill, I guess I don't remember when I bolted up the Bonnie seats to the impala rails that I used to have.

to OP if you are getting 12ways I wouldn't dick with trying to make an impala rail work on the bonnies, just get/make the adapters and call it good, there would be too much dinking around to make it work correctly, plus with the 12ways you have to change the harness anyway to make it work right.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.