Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 2 passenger side seats and they are manual. ive seen a few different ways to mounting the bonnies. my question is can i remove the entire rails off the caprice seats and just bolt them up to the bonnies ?

·
Registered
285 Posts
i got 2 passenger side seats and they are manual. ive seen a few different ways to mounting the bonnies. my question is can i remove the entire rails off the caprice seats and just bolt them up to the bonnies ?
u should depending on what year bonnie seats they are. I had to modify mines

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
94 seats

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I had to do this with a pair of power caprice rails I had for my 6way bonnies. I had to drill a total of 4 holes in order for both of the seats to fit properly. I'll have to look at the manual tracks I have laying around to see if it would be possible to do a quick drill in order for the seats to go on. Also I've never seen 12 ways in person to know but I know you an do this with the 6ways. If you have any question feel free to pm me beause I know I took pics of when I drilled mine but I have to find them.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Yeah you have to redrill them, 12ways are the same, but I am pretty sure you can't swap the rails from the caprice to the 12ways as there is an extra motor on the 12 way rails. I pretty sure this is the case, I had 6 ways with imp rails then I found my 12ways and just installed the rails with a fabbed bracket to the floor.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
seat install

I just drilled new holes in the Impala Rails that lined up with the Bonneville seat holes. This is pretty common. Others have kept the bonny rails and used special brackets or plates to mount it to the floor which also works. I prefer the first method and it keeps it factory for the Impala/Caprice.

If you Google "bonneville Seat install" there is still a bunch of information out there on the subject. However some of the links don't appear to still work but here is one that is....

http://capricess.com/tech/seats/install.htm

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my rails dont have the 2 hole for the bolts. its just 1 hole on it in the rear. all the pics ive seen have 2 holes for it to bolt up

·
Registered
346 Posts
my bonnie bolted right up to my caprice rails, I had to use the extra holes on my caprice rails instead of the stock onrd, no modifying for me.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
my rails dont have the 2 hole for the bolts. its just 1 hole on it in the rear. all the pics ive seen have 2 holes for it to bolt up
thats because in order for the bonnies to bolt to it someone had to drill the exra hole on the rear side of the rails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts