Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start this by saying that I feel like a crackhead looking for a bigger fix!!! I got the chance to pick up a used turbo technologies turbo kit for an Impala. The kit was missing the intercooler but I'm working on that now. I picked up a new exhaust setup to go in with the turbo and a few other goodies to support the turbo install as well. Right now I'm missing a blow off valve which the kit never had to begin with, and the piping to the intercooler. I got an intercooler alrady too. I'm shooting to do the install in January at my buddy's shop.

I was sort of keeping it a secret but I couldn't keep it in anymore... Just had to let ya in on my little secret... So what do you guys think? First turbocharged Fleetwood? All I know is that I will definately be suprising the sh!t out of a few folks out there!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice! Can't wait to see how she runs!

What's your CR right now? Is it still stock? How much boost you planning on running? 6 or 7 pounds?

That's gonna be sick!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm at the stock CR. I'm thinking it should be at about 7-8 psi. I'm thinkin the 502 cam on the 114lsa i have in the car now will work really nicely with this kit...

Off topic: i really gotta get around the forum more often I didnt know your car had a mishap!!! where the thread so i could catch up...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by FASSTWOOD:
... So what do you guys think? ...
I tink you crazy, mon! Daas wut I tink.

Sounds like some serious fun, both during the build and again after when you're takin' down everything on the road. :cool: You gotta do lots of pics and write-up too, k?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by FASSTWOOD:
Yeah I'm at the stock CR. I'm thinking it should be at about 7-8 psi. I'm thinkin the 502 cam on the 114lsa i have in the car now will work really nicely with this kit...

Off topic: i really gotta get around the forum more often I didnt know your car had a mishap!!! where the thread so i could catch up...
Well I can't wait to see it! If you want a hand, gimme a call or shoot me an email.

And for the info on my cars, check here for the story and here for the rebuild.

Good luck with the turbo, man!!! :D

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goodluck with the Turbo!

I think you will be the second turbocharged Fleetwood. There is another one on cardomain, I think he used to post here too...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No thats Jon (dynoman). He's supercharged... Did you see the times he posted with that thing! He's hittin 12's.... When I grow up I wanna be like him...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me start this by saying that I feel like a crackhead looking for a bigger fix!!
Aint it the truth. Let me know when you're wrenching on that thing, I'm headin' over there to check it out.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Fasstwood, your Fleet is already one of my favorites (and it's a great role model for mine). Now with a turbo... wow. Can't wait to see the results.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool! Too bad we couldn't get together after I get the N2O on mine.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
James I'll let you know when. Its probably gonna be a weekend in January over at JP's shop in Long Island. We were figuring on starting the project on a friday night and knocking out the bulk of it. Then Saturday we'll tow it to the exhausr shop. And on Sunday we will fine tune.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yo ed we gettin ready to hit nyc with some hemi eatin woods huh u know ill be there for that

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan!!! Is this your first post in the fleetwood Section? Welocome to the forum Brotha!!! You, Kenny and me gotta get together to take some Fleetwood pics...

I'll be dropping the Oil pan tomorrow and replacing the oil pump and the new pick up screen for the 8 inch oil pan at work.

Dan's Caddy is gonna be a killer soon too... He's gettin quite a few peices together for a monster project... Can't wait to start wrenching on the too...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ed im workin on a 396 lets see what happens i wanna do this all one shot together if possible

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like a nice little winter project ya got there, Eddie...take plenty of pics, and post 'em up!

Really looking forward to seeing a 12 sec FW :cool:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dean, I just got a new camera too to replace my little casio exlim that broke. So now I'm ready for pics. The only thing is that once I get started on tearing sh!t apart I foget to take the pics... I'm gonna have to assign a pic taker for the project...

Danny, Nice Sig!!! Git 'er done!!!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep up the good work fellas... you all are making me want to step up my game too. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
heads are in ed waitin on the tranny and i gotta find a shortblock

1 - 18 of 18 Posts