Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats goin on i been on his forum for years now. for the last two years i been seein post and reading alot of interesting threads on here. i have a 94 9c1 that i had since 07 i bought a motor for it last year with intents on building but always got side tracked with other stuff mainley bikes but now im tryna get back in2 this motor b/c i wanna be racing by early spring. ive been a mechanic for some years now n pretty good at what i do but i also been workin in a machine shop as a apprentice for 2 years. i would say i learned alot but still need to learn alot more to get were i wanna be but enough with the talkin i got som pics of my parts that i will be puttin in my motor.im not goin to get in2 to many details about the motor specally b/c i wanna race a few people on here n i was always told a best kept secret is 1 that wasnt told.

like i said i apologize by not tellin the forum exactly wat im building but when its all said and done im gonna be aiming for 10's:D i do have more pictures of parts but im gettin pretty lazy with posting them all up. but as im puttin the block and everything thing 2gtha i will give progress pic with everything. when i test n tune n do a couple of races thats when i will give specific's on everything thats in my car.from motor to rear thanx for lookin.forgot to mention the motor is still gonna be in the lt1 family

·
Registered
262 Posts
Very very cool, keep us posted, with pics of course!

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
nice. keep us posted. I see a sturdy flat top piston the wants to see a lot of nitrous. :)
Karl

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good eyes yeah this will be mostly a n/a motor but I won't hesitate to goto plane B and use some laughing gas to get in2 the times I want

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well after getting parts i got lazy n stop wrkin on the motor then my boss got on my a** and told me i should start putting it together so 3 weeks ago i called up comp cams told them what i was build n what i was tryna do with the motor n they sent me out a custom grind cam just got it in last week here id some pics of the short block

this is my boss joe vigorita owner of ECAM racing motors

then i had a spare 4l60e laying around so i sent that to my transmission guy an he beefed it up for me

\
now i gotta order new valve for the heads springs retainers n locks an a TB n my motor is pretty much done. so i will be dropping it in. in march early april im still shopping around for a posi thanx for looking when i put the top end on i will post some more picture of it n when i puttin it in the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts