Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
2 1/4 total ?
Internal stops or knuckle to control arm stops ?
I am likly mistaken but that sounds like "F" stops and cap ?

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Yep.... 2-1/4 to 2-1/3 total turns between knuckle to each control arm. Unclear how close the internal stops are,but knuckles do touch control arms. Yet do not slam into them. Maybe they can tell from looking inside box how far it ever went to each side.

Reactions: 95wagon

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
No, that all sounds correct if you are hitting stops knuckle to control arms👍.

IF , you had the thick cap and spacer ( F body I call them) you would be running out of box before hitting knuckles

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

Reactions: 95wagon

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Steering feel is slightly firmer than it was. My tires hit the frame before I hit the stops so I haven't paid attention. Wagon is my daily and I needed to take care of the whining pump and worn box that had me looking like I was driving the General Lee on a sound stage to keep it straight. Box is pretty much an updated, stock replacement. I didn't want to mess with questionable parts store rebuilds or junk yard parts and this unit fit the bill. Wasn't cheap but I'm very happy with it so far.

Waiting on my next packages so I can get rid of these damn 18" wheels.
How's the Borgeson box feel 10 months in? How many miles have you put on?

I'm on the fence between getting a new Borgeson 800130 box for $445 or doing a Lee rebuild on my donor box for $845 (standard rebuild $525, plus upgraded valve weight $125 and 3 bearing kit $195).

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
How's the Borgeson box feel 10 months in? How many miles have you put on?

I'm on the fence between getting a new Borgeson 800130 box for $445 or doing a Lee rebuild on my donor box for $845 (standard rebuild $525, plus upgraded valve weight $125 and 3 bearing kit $195).
DANG, $845 for a Lee rebuild plus upgrades???? If I could get even half my steering feel back with the Borgeson and it lasted another 10 years, I'd be happy at half that price with the Borgeson..... My stock 203k mile box is pretty sloppy - most annoying on the highway, but livable on track since one doesn't spend a ton of time on center, or near center.

Definitely eager to hear feedback on the Borgeson box after some time.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts