Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does everyone like the borla cat back I just picked up my 8th b body only has 16k original miles and been thinking of putting a borla cat back on it or what do you guys recommend I’m over the loud obnoxious exhaust?

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
Borla makes a quality product....but IIRC their SS pipe is the same size 2 1/4" as stock SS pipe so the mufflers are the only difference. It is a high $ exhaust system but well made

A option for a "not loud" but mild note muffler is The Spintech Sportsman XL.

The Dynomax CAT back system was also a mild sound. What I got 20 years ago and changed the mids to the Pypes X then the Spintech mufflers but still have the over axle and SS resonators/tips from the Dynomax set up. All in 2 1/2" pipe

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've had the Borla exhaust and Tri-Y headers for almost 20 years and 150,000 miles now. Excellent fit and never a leak or rattle. I have never had a drone that is a complaint with other exhausts. It is quieter than most other exhausts and is more money, but it sounds good and deep when you get on it. No one will confuse it with flowmasters. The Ford guy at work followed me out of the parking lot one day and he said later he had to admit that it sounded good to him. Borla designed it with a silencer at the end with 'intercooler' down-facing tips. Mine is stock height and stock tires and I have drug the tailpipes a few times on steep driveways. I recently removed the end tips and it is a little louder now. I contacted Borla to see if they had an end pipe with the cool tips for that exhaust but without the silencer and they said there was nothing from them. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice I been wanting this exhaust since I got my car but I still can’t see myself paying that money yet lol hopefully soon tho

1 - 5 of 5 Posts