1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
You have been around here long enough to know what everyone think's about Bosch ANYTHING and our cars.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
You can buy just about any fitting you want for them.

http://www.jayracing.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_12

among others.

A friends shop that does big HP Fords swears buy them.
My first hand dealings with a single 044 tank mounted was starting to have trouble keeping up at 450 RW . It may have been a install issue, but we did flow and pressure drop tests, or the pump.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Never tried the "044" pump, but I did try the Walbro 255 and the Denso "1020" Toyota Supra pump.

The Denso flows ALOT better at high pressure... with a Walbro pump fuel presure wouldn't raise with the boost. I guess it was incapable of keeping with the flow & pressure demands even with 18 volts at the pump.

When I swapped out the Walbro for a Denso the fuel pressure would go up with the boost as it should, with 13 volts. Raising the voltage to the pump had no effect on the fuel pressure @ max boost. It had enough flow to keep up with everything at the minimum voltage setting on my Kenne Bell BAP but I ran it at +25% voltage just to be safe.

This was in my 4200 lbs Caprice running 119-121 mph on the 1/4. Boost level was 8-9 psi and max fuel pressure was around 55 psi.

Here is an interresting link for more info on fuel pumps: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/fuel_pumps_test_2/index.html

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
A friends shop that does big HP Fords swears buy them.
Did he ever compare the 044 pump with the Denso 1020 ??<

I would be curious to wee witch flows better cwm7

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was told about the Denso pump aswell. Looking at options.

Where did you pick the denso pump up? I saw them on ebay.

Can it be ran external? Id rather do an external pump.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont think you can run it outside the tank, the bottom on the pump is plastic and made to have a strainer on it.

another fun thing about the Denso is that it is VERY silent :)

You might want to read this: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-...tank-fuel-pump-denso-kyosan-390lph-40psi.html

THat special denso pump is $800 (2003) cwm3

I was also trying to find threads on how people run braided line directly to the denso, can you do that aswell?

Im tired of fuel leaks, and I need a bigger feed line anyway for this endevour im pursing :D

I was going to do a bulkhead 10a fitting on the tank for a feed line.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I paid around 200$ for my 1020 Denso...

I dont remember where though, I'll check for you tomorow.

EDIT: check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Univ...7495341?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

FN awesome..............

okay with that I swear I paid about $80-90 for a new stock Lt1 pump for my tpi swap :(

Tad bit more I could have had that...........cwm3

Okay lines and fittings?

My stock sending unit looks like ISH, its rotted out to hell.

Can I do an AN line setup with it?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Okay lines and fittings?

My stock sending unit looks like ISH, its rotted out to hell.

Can I do an AN line setup with it?

You can do pretty much anything if you're willing to fabricate it :)

Look at the pics on the Ebay link, thats what it looks like. You could make your own bulkhead type fitting and make it work. Something like a barbed fitting inside the tank and an AN fitting ouside. Just drill the top, weld the fittings and it'll work (if you can weld!)

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can do pretty much anything if you're willing to fabricate it :)

Look at the pics on the Ebay link, thats what it looks like. You could make your own bulkhead type fitting and make it work. Something like a barbed fitting inside the tank and an AN fitting ouside. Just drill the top, weld the fittings and it'll work (if you can weld!)
I cant but I have freinds that can lol.

Is that Flywheel HP or RWHP?

Any idea on the amount of line I was gonna snag 20ft of 10an for feed, use exsisting stock feed as return.

·
Registered
991 Posts
THat special denso pump is $800 (2003) cwm3

I was also trying to find threads on how people run braided line directly to the denso, can you do that aswell?

Im tired of fuel leaks, and I need a bigger feed line anyway for this endevour im pursing :D

I was going to do a bulkhead 10a fitting on the tank for a feed line.
why do you need 10AN a 6AN is = to 3/8" and a 8AN is = 1/2"

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
GuillaumeC what did you do to make the Denso pump fit into your Caprice?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
GuillaumeC what did you do to make the Denso pump fit into your Caprice?
I cut the stock sending unit open on all its lenght so I could slide the bigger pump in. Then I installed 2 stainless steel hose clamps on it to keep it in place.

It's cheap, and it works. cwm4

1 - 18 of 18 Posts