Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 Caprice with the Bose Silver stereo. It has the Bose amp in the trunk. Although it actually sounds pretty good with aftermarket speakers Ive been trying to find out if its possible to put an aftermarket CD player in it and leave the Bose amp installed. I cant find any info on this. Im tired of the tape player but I dont want to have to re-wire all 4 speakers for the deck. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
233 Posts
How did this work out? Do you still have the Bose set-up. Have a chance to get one and wanting to know how good they are?

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
93 Caprice with the Bose Silver stereo. It has the Bose amp in the trunk. Although it actually sounds pretty good with aftermarket speakers Ive been trying to find out if its possible to put an aftermarket CD player in it and leave the Bose amp installed. I cant find any info on this. Im tired of the tape player but I dont want to have to re-wire all 4 speakers for the deck. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
If you're that unsure, reach out to Crutchfield for some honest and helpful options you may have. I would suspect that the Bose Factory Amp uses the same connectors as most aftermarket radios/amps and would just be PnP and if not they may have an adapter harness to eliminate any splicing. GOod luck.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Greg, i had it in 91. I it had typical plugs ud find all over the car. Its stereo went out n i was lucky enough to acore good factory speakers n amp at the junkyard. If u get the stereo ull want the wirin. For a stock stereo it sounded awesome. Shook the mirrors n winddows.

Your best bet might just be look into other aftermarket set ups cuz ull play hell tryin to find replacement parts for an almost 30 yr old stereo.

Ill try find it but i beleive the bose has different power range than the plain or aftermarket stereos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts