Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boss Blade 5000w (peak, 1800w at 1 ohm x 2channel) amp, is that a relatively good amp to run 2 CV Strokers (Peak power 4000w and 2000w at 1 ohm).
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe me i will get it wired up somehow. even if i have to throw 2 extra batteries in the car!!! But do you think it will work at all?
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3600 watts out of a class A/B amp... I'd start fabbing up a nice alternator rack.

I would look for a D-class amplifier. The hifonics brutus amps seem to be pretty good for the money.

Also, are these the old school strokers? Or that new series?
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New series Strokers. I want to find a high powered T class, but i just can't seem to find one.
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a big fan of T-class amps myself, I've had problems with them before, and have read of more than enough problems with them to steer away for them.

I think Arc or Zap have mad T class before, I wouldn't mind messing with one of thise. If you're looking at boss, they probably aren't what you're looking for anyway.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3600watts??? why???
so i guess youre gonna have what? 12 6 1/2's fiberglassed in the door or something?
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Believe me i won't bang out all 3600 at all time... In the cars i had, my porsche, my blazer, my caddy... They all had beat that just wasn't enough for me over time... So in this car, i figured i will go over the top so that im not hatin the system in the long run... Don't worry it wont sound sh***y, BELIEVE ME!!!
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didnt think boss made any good amps are all the blade series anygood? I'm tryna get up to 1800-2200w rms
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Sik-Wit-It:
Believe me i won't bang out all 3600 at all time... In the cars i had, my porsche, my blazer, my caddy... They all had beat that just wasn't enough for me over time... So in this car, i figured i will go over the top so that im not hatin the system in the long run... Don't worry it wont sound sh***y, BELIEVE ME!!!
FYI:

the volume of your system, has no reflection of the amount of "watts" that the amp puts out.

if you have it wired to put out max power, then its putting out that power at both low volume, and high volume. the speakers are just playing louder.
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by PIMPALA-SS™:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sik-Wit-It:
Believe me i won't bang out all 3600 at all time... In the cars i had, my porsche, my blazer, my caddy... They all had beat that just wasn't enough for me over time... So in this car, i figured i will go over the top so that im not hatin the system in the long run... Don't worry it wont sound sh***y, BELIEVE ME!!!
FYI:

the volume of your system, has no reflection of the amount of "watts" that the amp puts out.

if you have it wired to put out max power, then its putting out that power at both low volume, and high volume. the speakers are just playing louder.
</font>[/QUOTE]I'm sorry but..... WHAT?!?!


I must be half alseep or you're being sarcastic in some way I'm not detecting.
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by PIMPALA-SS™:
;)
Rather you're joking or not I'm posting some info so everyone can read it.

watt - the standard unit of measurement of electrical power. 1 watt is 1 ampere of current flowing at 1 volt. Watts are typically rated as AMPS x VOLTS or VOLT-AMP (V-A). However, this rating is only equivalent to watts when it applies to devices that absorb all the energy, such as speaker coils.

What Pimpala said can be easily seen to be wrong by reading you amp outputs with both a voltmeter and ammeter by simply taking readings at a high volume and then a low volume.

PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT HE SAID. (I would hope no one would in the first place, but I've heard people say some crazy ****.)
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So for a stereo dummy like me, what is the correct answer?
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by PIMPALA-SS™:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sik-Wit-It:
Believe me i won't bang out all 3600 at all time... In the cars i had, my porsche, my blazer, my caddy... They all had beat that just wasn't enough for me over time... So in this car, i figured i will go over the top so that im not hatin the system in the long run... Don't worry it wont sound sh***y, BELIEVE ME!!!
FYI:

the volume of your system, has no reflection of the amount of "watts" that the amp puts out.

if you have it wired to put out max power, then its putting out that power at both low volume, and high volume. the speakers are just playing louder.
</font>[/QUOTE]Say WHAT?
Your going to have to explain that.
Sound output is directly related to input power to a speaker. Low voltage = low volume, high voltage = ringing ears.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by gvillepoet:
3600watts??? why???
so i guess youre gonna have what? 12 6 1/2's fiberglassed in the door or something?
or maybe to some subs?
:rolleyes:
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No necessarily, when my system is at low volume as opposed to high volume, my voltage meters read the same. Now, when I blast it full blast for a period of time, I may get some drop in the voltage b/c of the power drain, but either way, you are putting the same power into it, just not turning it up.

And watts are relative. Your stereo could say 55x4 watts.... however only 25 watts of that may be good before it starts distorting

And Pimpala has been in the game a long ass time. I trust everything that nukka says. Perhaps he didn't dumb it down enough. Trust me, he knows what he is talking about. I have had to PM him several times asking him to dumb down the dumbing down....


If your stereo is wired to put out X amount of watts, that is what it is putting out. You are just increasing the volume, but its still the same amount of wattage.... now, depending on your speakers will depend on whether they can handle that wattage....


I think that makes sense....
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top