Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the third one in two months, but this one is def worth fixing.Underside is spotless with no rust, even in the common rust areas. Exterior is above average with on a few dings,paint looks great. I may have it PDR since there is only a few dents.
So the guy changed his own waterpump and did not bleed the system correctly, drove it until head gasket blew.
Its a Base 'Slick Top" again with blue interior with 128k, dash is not cracked yet, and interior is decent. needs driver side seat help.
Im just going to throw in a another stock LT1 with all new gaskets, valve springs, and seals and sell it. It has new alternator, radiator, all new hoses already.
Here are a few pics, I have the rear pieces, just did want them to fall off on the trailer ride back to my garage.
It is one of the cleanest Fleetwood I have seen with no rust, like the Grey one I purchased from Kentucky a few months ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Man them things sure look purdy with a bald top eh. Sounds like decent shape and hope you flip it to a worthy buyer. Why not throw a little LS- truck motor in it to attract excitement?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Awesome. Is this going to be your new daily? Also where did you find a rust free fleetwood?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I found this one in Springfield, MO on Saturday while my 15 yoa son was visiting his friends. The city was going to tow it since the plates expired and parked in the alley, junk yard offered the owner $120 to tow it off, or the City was going to have it removed Monday and send the bill to the owner, so I bought it super cheap.

I have way to many cars to keep it. Plus, it is so clean on the underside, I could not drive it in the salt. I plan on pulling motor, and installing another low mileage LT1 I have, after doing all my usually stock upgrades before I throw it in there.

My Marblehead Grey Fleetwood project is the one that will have all the mods. I found this one in Kentucky last month I just deleted the ABS stuff and traction control, installed the caprice 9c1 rear end with brand new 373, Eaton Posi, new Timken bearings, Hotchkis sway bar, Bilstein shocks, new springs Moog 621 with 1.5 spring spacers. I had every dent removed with my PDR guy, the original paint looks great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts