Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Dave. That's wassup! Now all you got to do is paint them boys and slap them bothces in. I am still in the process of painting mine. Good work! The knobs is a DC thing In will tell you that much. You should also take a pic of the knobs at night when they are lit so the forum folks can see how cool it is. Or I will do it. Either way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The knobs are the stock plastic knobs with the plastic piece peeled off. When you put the knobs back on and turn your lights on, the knobs light up. We will call it the DC Knob mod.LOL If you wanted to you could also change the bulb color to make the knobs light up a different color.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think i'm going to try the knob thing too. Just peel the rubber like coating off of them? how is it done?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed:
I think i'm going to try the knob thing too. Just peel the rubber like coating off of them? how is it done?
just like that

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I used to see them in the junkyard all the time . I would get them just to try and practice or create new ideas on them. But all you do is just peel the black plastic piece off and there it is. Make sure you peel it of all the way. With my interior I will post pics of the knobs at night. I am telling you it looks cool though. One of the cheapest mods you can do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never looked, but does the headlight knob interchange?

It always bothered me that the little line doesn't light up on the headlight switch..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What ya plannin' with those panels?

I wish I could've found some with the pull strap bezels before I started my fiberglass project.

Still lookin'....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
anyone have pics of the knobs at night? any way to change the color on them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I plan on doing this soon if I can. You have to take the top dash off I believe and change the bulbs behind the heater controls.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.