Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BTC (Before the Crash) Gerry (95wagon) contributed a link to a brake bleeder he had that worked well for him. I looked at it at the time, but did not save the link. I think I want to get one now. Gerry, can you repost the link?

Ken Hennessy

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Just run a hose to a bottle, squeeze the fluid out of the vent, and then refill the reservior. You don't mess with the antilocks, and you get new fluid.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
lol

Um, you can use the "hose" method, but I wouldn't attempt it until clarified on the process just a tad.

Another less costly alternatve would be speedbleeders. If uncomfortable w/ having them fail, you can use them for bleeding and then remove them after the bleed and replace w/ standard bleeders.

That contraption looks cool, but a lttle pricey. Guess it boils down to how much you perform the bleed process and what you're willing to pay to make the job go smoother.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brake bleeder

Thanks, Jay and Gerry.
I just ordered the adapter K200. I have the Motive Products pressure bleeder but their master cylinder adapter doesn't fit or seal very well. I'll adapt the K200 to the tank I have.

Thanks,
Ken Hennessy

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
I have been meaning for a few months now to dig up this thread and thank Gerry for the tip on the speedi-bleed system. It's a great product that works like a charm. Thanks Gerry!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.