Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions?

I found Motive Products Power Bleeder Kits 0100.
It appears to force fluid in the system and pushes the old out.

I am not looking for cheap but something that works well. I want no mess or fuss.

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
I use "one-man" bleeders. Fairly simple,easy to use,and fairly inexpensive.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
I've had good luck using my Mityvac # 7201 to do vacuum brake flushes, along with transmission and power steering fluid:

Amazon.com: Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus: Automotive

The only "attachment" I use for brake bleeding is a 2" to 3" length of vacuum hose to go over the bleeder screw and the end of the Mityvac tube. I put my wrench over the bleeder screw, then the vacuum hose with an appropriately sized hose clamp to hold it firmly on the bleeder. Couple of pumps on the Mityvac then crack open the bleeder screw. Once the clean fluid starts coming out with no bubbles, lock down the bleeder screw and release the pressure on the Mityvac.

I've done this on both the factory Disc/Disc and Disc/Drum setups.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Brake Bleeding

The Motive Power master cylinder cap doesn't fit the Impala/Caprice very well at all. There is interference with the firewall. You have to loosen the master cylinder from the bootster to get it to fit.
I have not had good luck with the one man bleeders. I get a better pedal with the pressure bleed.
95 Wagon suggested a system some time ago that I purchased and adapted to my Motive Power tank.
Maybe search 95 Wagon in the brake section and see what come up. I am at work so I don't have time right now.
Ken

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
A good rule of thumb when using speed or conventional bleeders is to use a couple foot length of clear 3/8" hose and running it between bleeder and a bottle w/ some brake fluid at the bottom. Submerse other end in bottle. You can't possibly draw in any air that way and have never had any issues. Use speed/one way valve bleeders here too.

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
I suspect those having issues with the "one-man" bleeders are loosening them too much,just barely crack them loose seems to work best.+1 on the vinyl tubing into a jar (is there any other way) I'm tempted to use a wireless web cam to watch the action from inside the car. Fluid changing color,and bubbles stop coming out,etc,etc...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
For bleeders, you need 2 different sizes per car. It also depends if they're drum or disk rear brakes.

Many different makes and models can be the same size though. You'd have to research what sizes you need for the cars you plan to work on.

For the typical 94-96 B/D here; m10x1.5 (F/DSK), m10x1.0 (R/DSK) & m8x1.25 (R/DRM)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.